Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

nipple what??

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:09 PM
  • 23 Replies

Poll

Question: nipple confusion: real or bs?

Options:

for reals

total bs

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 30

View Results

is nipple confusion real or am i bein messed with?? midget doesnt seem to notice the difference, but then shes only a wk old
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SadieJames
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Very very real.  The onset can be slow too.  Additionally flow preference is common to go with the confusion.

xredstarsx
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Never had problems with dd but with ds it has been a big problem. Each feeding I would have to teach him how. So it just depends on the baby. I wouldn't have given bottles at all if I didn't have to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asaffell
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Very real. Not every baby gets it, and not every baby gets it at the same time, but it is a real thing. Be careful with early bottles mama.

isaacsmommy68
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:13 PM

My son got bottles in NICU for the first 23 hours. I had an epidural headache so bad i could not get out of bed. All I did was cry because I only fed him one time. It was a nightmare to get him to latch. I was sore and cracked! Luckily I was adamant about bf and my friend came over to help.

Quoting SadieJames:

Very very real.  The onset can be slow too.  Additionally flow preference is common to go with the confusion.

gumeshoe
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I think confusion is a bad term. A better term would be preference for the easier food. Even I have that preference. :)

SadieJames
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:14 PM

How did it turn out or how is it going now?  I wish they would use a syringe in that case : (

Quoting isaacsmommy68:

My son got bottles in NICU for the first 23 hours. I had an epidural headache so bad i could not get out of bed. All I did was cry because I only fed him one time. It was a nightmare to get him to latch. I was sore and cracked! Luckily I was adamant about bf and my friend came over to help.

Quoting SadieJames:

SadieJames
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Confusion is for the latch I think, not just to bottles but pacis too

Quoting gumeshoe:

I think confusion is a bad term. A better term would be preference for the easier food. Even I have that preference. :)

prettymommylove
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:16 PM

very real. if you want to be successful don't give bottles the first 3 to 6 weeks which can also mess with supply. goodluck

Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Very real.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
isaacsmommy68
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:22 PM

He is great now. Cord was around his neck very tight. It was a very scary birth! He was purple, they litteraly pulled him out of me after they cut the cord becasue he could not come down. There was no indication of any problems until they put the heart monitor on him and his heart rate was going down and not coming back up with contractions. He is almost 10 months and 20lbs 11oz, chunky little guy. funny thing is now that I am back at work he goes from bottle to breast just fine.

Quoting SadieJames:

How did it turn out or how is it going now?  I wish they would use a syringe in that case : (

Quoting isaacsmommy68:

Quoting SadieJames:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN