Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

white nipples....

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:41 PM
  • 11 Replies
My nipples are white, I've had vasospasms before but over the past few weeks they have become permanently white on the tips. What gives?!? Is this nipple damage or from pregnancy. hormones ( I'm almost 15 weeks pregnant and still nursing my 19 month old) or is it something else?

My left breast is more effected and it hurts when I nurse on that side, especially in the beginning. It rarely hurts to nurse on the right...I'm confused.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Bump!
IrishIz
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:41 PM

You say permanently white.  They never get pink?  Is the white color consistently the same or does it change at all...even a small amount?  If you warm up the nipple area does it eventually get pink?

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:49 PM
The left stays white completely, it might get a little bit pinker when its warm, but not enough that I've noticed. The right will get pinker, but the very tip stays white on both sides ...?

Quoting IrishIz:

You say permanently white.  They never get pink?  Is the white color consistently the same or does it change at all...even a small amount?  If you warm up the nipple area does it eventually get pink?

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Bump!

IrishIz
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:52 PM

What happens if you put something warm on the nipple?  Does the color return to normal or close to normal?  I'm thinking it sounds like Raynaud's.

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

The left stays white completely, it might get a little bit pinker when its warm, but not enough that I've noticed. The right will get pinker, but the very tip stays white on both sides ...?

Quoting IrishIz:

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:05 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I'm glad to see that an IBCLC agrees. :-)
Quoting IrishIz:

What happens if you put something warm on the nipple?  Does the color return to normal or close to normal?  I'm thinking it sounds like Raynaud's.

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Quoting IrishIz:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Only if its very warm, such as when I run a hot bath for myself and submerge.If they are out of the water they seem to be even more white. Since I started BFing my nipples have been super sensitive to the cool air, and it kills when I shower and the water droplets hit my nipples. My breasts have to be covered at all times, and immediately after coming out of the water... I often wear a bikini top to shower/bathe to avoid the pain. I haven't been able to go braless since DS was born....

Quoting IrishIz:

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Quoting IrishIz:

IrishIz
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Screaming baby so I have to be quick....sounds like Raynaud's.  If you google it...you will find information on it.  I can post more tomorrow.

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Only if its very warm, such as when I run a hot bath for myself and submerge.If they are out of the water they seem to be even more white. Since I started BFing my nipples have been super sensitive to the cool air, and it kills when I shower and the water droplets hit my nipples. My breasts have to be covered at all times, and immediately after coming out of the water... I often wear a bikini top to shower/bathe to avoid the pain. I haven't been able to go braless since DS was born....

Quoting IrishIz:

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Quoting IrishIz:

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Thanks... started googling a few minutes ago, sounds like me! Fun stuff...:-/

Quoting IrishIz:

Screaming baby so I have to be quick....sounds like Raynaud's.  If you google it...you will find information on it.  I can post more tomorrow.

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Quoting IrishIz:

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Quoting IrishIz:

catholicmamamia
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like Raynaud's Phenomenon. 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN