Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Early teething

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:59 AM
  • 48 Replies

So I think dd is teething.  She will be 3 months old on the 8th. Everyone keeps telling me its way too soon blah blah yadayada crap.  

I KNOW her drooling, constant hand chewing and general fussiness IS teething.  I guess since I'm a FTM people blow me off.  I bought hylands tablets tonight and my friend I was with laughed at me.  She said her kids didnt show signs until they were 6 months so obviously *my* kid isn't. Ugh.

When did your LO start?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Dd got her first 2 teeth the day she turned 3 months
Ds was 10 months
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SadieJames
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Thank you! I'm NOT crazy lol. I feel the corner of a top tooth too.  She had a lip tie cut and I think that little corner of a tooth was right under it.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Ds was 10 months

JasonsMom2007
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Nope not one bit crazy!
An Amber teething necklace worked wonders for my dd btw. She wasn't even in severe pain at the age of 20 months when an infection ate away the root of her tooth completely exposing the nerve. Her dentist was shocked and now recommends them :)

Quoting SadieJames:

Thank you! I'm NOT crazy lol. I feel the corner of a top tooth too.  She had a lip tie cut and I think that little corner of a tooth was right under it.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Ds was 10 months

healingone
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:06 AM

LOL.  One of my sisters was BORN with a tooth!!  My babies had teeth very early.  Can't remember when, but they were teething for sure quite quite early.  Trust your gut mamma!!  BLessings!!

SadieJames
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:08 AM

She's had one on since 7 weeks : ) 

ouchie! That makes my teeth hurt in sympathy!

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Nope not one bit crazy!
An Amber teething necklace worked wonders for my dd btw. She wasn't even in severe pain at the age of 20 months when an infection ate away the root of her tooth completely exposing the nerve. Her dentist was shocked and now recommends them :)

Quoting SadieJames:

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Ds was 10 months

merinasmommy
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:09 AM
1 mom liked this
nate will be 3 months the 17 and hes doing the same thing i'm NOT a first time mom but everyone is still saying im crazy.merina didnt have teeth until after her first birthday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SadieJames
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I have heard of that! I read somewhere that babies in Salem during the witch trials were checked to see if they were born with them (yikes!).  

I am : ) our mommy instincts are there for a reason.

Quoting healingone:

LOL.  One of my sisters was BORN with a tooth!!  My babies had teeth very early.  Can't remember when, but they were teething for sure quite quite early.  Trust your gut mamma!!  BLessings!!

JasonsMom2007
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Yeah it wasn't a pretty sight. She tore up her gums pretty bad too :( we joke she just had to do something before her big brother.
She's starting to become really self conscious about it though :(

Quoting SadieJames:

She's had one on since 7 weeks : ) 

ouchie! That makes my teeth hurt in sympathy!

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Nope not one bit crazy!

Quoting SadieJames:

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Ds was 10 months

risaspieces
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Ds started teething around 2 months. For whatever reason all the boys (last 3 generations at least) in my family get their first tooth around 3 months, he'll be 3 months on the 15th so we'll see if he follows that trend.
SadieJames
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Poor girl : ( was it a front baby tooth? Well her adult tooth be okay?

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Yeah it wasn't a pretty sight. She tore up her gums pretty bad too :( we joke she just had to do something before her big brother.
She's starting to become really self conscious about it though :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN