Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So sad, but it has to be...**edit**

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:45 AM
  • 21 Replies
I can't EBF. I have to suppliment along with my pumping to ensure I can go to work. I'm super sad. But I have to work. I don't make enough. Atleast not yet. I take fenugreek 3x a day with 3 pills per dosage and drink a lot and eat well, but still not enough change! I was a massive producer with my son! Had no problems, I could feed triplets! But this time, it's not low but not enough to go a days worth of work with a few pumps. Yesterday I pumped about 12oz at work I need Atleast 20 for the hours I have to put in. I'm a working mommy, not a SAHM. It just breaks my heart.. I know I haven't failed her completely but, I'm still gonna give it my all.

*update*
I know the whole 1.25/hr away equation is stated but, she drank 10 oz in 7 hours plus formula :( I'm not making it up... Unless my caregiver spilt my milk! Lol I'm sure she would have told me. But this isn't the first time.. My baby is barely 2 months! But growing like a queen... I mean up until this week I haven't really gone into work much so I had no use for pumping.. I'm so confused. Maybe 20oz is a bit exaggerating.. But seriously.. I'd feel better if I had that for her before I went to work.
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:47 AM
2 moms liked this
Wow, you work 16-20 hours a day?!?!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:48 AM
that's what iI'm thinking!!! You only need 1-1.25 Oz per hour of seperation

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:51 AM
I know, because 12 ounces is MORE than plenty for a normal 8-10, even 12 hour workday!

Op you are seriously going to kill your supply if you supplement with formula unless you're actually gone a day at a time.
Your choice obviously, but know what you're going to do before you get into it.
Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabens
by Miranda on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Yeah this! Unless you're working 20 hr days you're getting more than enough!

Quoting larissalarie:

I know, because 12 ounces is MORE than plenty for a normal 8-10, even 12 hour workday!

Op you are seriously going to kill your supply if you supplement with formula unless you're actually gone a day at a time.
Your choice obviously, but know what you're going to do before you get into it.
Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Quoting larissalarie:

BabyFruit Ticker

PresleyLove
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:11 AM
I do t get it then. She had Atleast 10 oz yesterday and I had to leave work 2.5 hours early because she drank it all.... :(
PresleyLove
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Idk what's going on!! I gave the babysitter 10 oz!! And I had to leave work 2.5hours early... She ended up getting formula before I could get home because I work an hour away....
mamabens
by Miranda on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:16 AM

You need to go to kellymom.com and print out how to bottle feed the breastfed baby and give it to the sitter. It's not the same as ff baby.sitter also might be feeding first instead of seeing if something else might be wrong.make sure with a bottle baby is sitting up with the bottle parallel to the floor and burped after each oz. 

YouQuoting PresleyLove:

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Idk what's going on!! I gave the babysitter 10 oz!! And I had to leave work 2.5hours early... She ended up getting formula before I could get home because I work an hour away....

BabyFruit Ticker

momonetime
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Sounds like you need to talk with the babysitter about how to bottle feed a bf baby. I'm mobile, but I'm sure someone can link you some info.
The good news is that you're producing plenty!! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:20 AM
2 moms liked this
Just because baby WILL overeat doesn't mean baby should be allowed to.
Caregiver needs to learn how to properly bottle feed and other ways to soothe besides feeding.

Quoting PresleyLove:

I do t get it then. She had Atleast 10 oz yesterday and I had to leave work 2.5 hours early because she drank it all.... :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:23 AM
4 moms liked this
It doesn't matter how old baby is or her size, a breastfed baby only ever needs 1-1.25oz per hour and bottles should never be larger than 3oz. If you're gone 7 hrs, then 9oz should be the MAX needed. Your sitter is seriously overfeeding your baby and sabotaging your breastfeeding relationship. Baby needs to be fed in an upright position, bottle needs to be parallel to the floor, baby needs to be burped atleast every ounce, it should take atleast 15-20minutes to finish a bottle. Sitter needs to find other ways of comforting baby other than overfeeding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)