Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:59 AM
  • 5 Replies

i have a 18 month old daughter who i am breastfeeding.  i am 6 weeks pregnate.  i plan on breastfeeding that child.  is it possible to breast feed both children?  can i continue to breast feed my daughter after the baby is born without if harming my newborn?

i was just wondering i don't know to much about this my husband was under the usumption that if i contined to breastfeed my daughter it would hurt our newborn in that she would not get the proper amount of nutrients

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes you can. I'm 15 weeks pregnant with #2 and still nursing my 19 month old. We are all perfectly healthy and the new baby is growing well, ahead of schedule, actually :-) There are several mothers on here who have successfully nursed through pregnancy and gone on to tandem nurse. You can find more info on nursing while pregnant on kellymom.com. Good luck and congrats on the new baby!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cherrynarissa
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:13 AM

tandem nursing is that what you call it when you nurse to babies?

twogirl91
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:15 AM

My oldest was 8months old when I got pregnant again and I breastfeed him until a year, by then my supply had totally dried up because I was so sick and could hardly eat anything. He started losing weight and then weaned himself. But I know several moms who breastfed the entire pregnancy and nursed both when they had their second child! I would go for it! Let her nurse as long as she wants!

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, tandem nursing is the act of nursing more than one baby/child at a time. :-)

Quoting cherrynarissa:

tandem nursing is that what you call it when you nurse to babies?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Here is a page with lots of information for you.
http://kellymom.com/ages/tandem/tandem-faq/nursing_during_pregnancy/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)