Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

did I do something wrong?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:20 PM
  • 44 Replies
1 mom liked this

this is SIby. Born at 6lbs. And she will be one year tomorrow. She is TINY. Maybe 16lbs. ALl the other one year olds LOOK like toddlers! SHe still looks like a baby! (not that I mind) but I wonder if I did something wrong. She breastfeeds and gets very little solids (mostly what her sister drops on the floor for her) ANyone else have a tiny oneyear old??

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MalakbelLacuna
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:24 PM
YOU DIDNT DO ANYTHING WRONG!!!!
shes perfect. I love tiny kids!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimhawk
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:25 PM

She looks perfect, momma!

whatmynameagain
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this
You didnt do anything wrong! She looks beautiful and healthy.My 1year old is 17.5 lbs, smaller than her brother and sister at 1 year.as long as she's healthy, alert happy, eating and growing, gaining at all im not worried.she's also breast fed and solids. I swear she'll eat anything but still stays smaller on the weight gain. I wish I could do that lol!
I think she's just smaller. Some babies are bigger some small I go more by that shes healthy and growing bc she's also very active.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CatFishMom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I cant remember precisely how big my son was at one but I know hes almost two and barely twenty-two pounds. Thats only six pounds difference (and obviously a boy vs a girl) in a year. Id say shes fine, just little like my little guy.

mamabens
by Miranda on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:29 PM

No you did nothing wrong! My oldest was formula fed and had solids  from 4 months and was barely 18 lbs at 1 . She wore a 6-9 months outfit for her party! Even now at almost 11 she's tall and skinny( barely 60 lbs). Some kids are just small. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Tea4Tas
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:31 PM

They generally triple their birth weight. She is in the ballpark of that range.  My oldest was always petite. Her sister was the same size as her (and she was 2 years younger) for years. Now her sister is 5'11 and my oldest daughter is 5' 2".

polkaspots
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:44 PM
She did triple her birth weight so you really shouldn't be worried. She's clearly meeting milestones. She's just small. She doesn't look very tall for her weight (meaning she doesn't look all skin and bones). That would be something to worry about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:45 PM

She looks like a toddler to me. And has more hair than my son did at that age! He was still BALD at one year.

SadieJames
by Sarah on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:46 PM

She's fine! Babies come in all shapes and sizes - just like adults : ) my mom was 12 lbs at 1 year old and is now 5'9" and 120... Tall and skinny.  

lifeforchrist
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I do too. But other moms always make annoying remarks like 'ooh she's skinny' and 'what does your dr say' its sooooo irritating! meanwhile their babies are stuffing themselves with sugary junk.

Quoting MalakbelLacuna:

YOU DIDNT DO ANYTHING WRONG!!!!
shes perfect. I love tiny kids!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN