• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oatmeal

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:49 PM
  • 7 Replies
I try I eat a cup of oatmeal a day. I don't have a supply issue, but I do have an increased supply when I eat it. I try to pump once on days that I have oatmeal to have a small stash in the freezer. Anyways, I hate oatmeal! The texture is awful to me. I have finally fount a way to eat it that doesn't make me gag, I throw in a few chocolate chips! Lol I know it's not healthy, but I just love dark chocolate!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Pft!!  You're FINE!!  There are lactation COOKIES that have oatmeal in them.  FAR "worse" that a few chocolate chips, LOL.  Would you eat oatmeal cookies??  Try that instead.

XMaybebabyX
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:59 PM
I will eat oatmeal cookies! I don't mind it when it's crunchy, but the cottage cheese like texture makes me gag. Do you have a good recipe? I'm sooo interested!

Quoting jackiewal10:

Pft!!  You're FINE!!  There are lactation COOKIES that have oatmeal in them.  FAR "worse" that a few chocolate chips, LOL.  Would you eat oatmeal cookies??  Try that instead.

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Well, ANY oatmeal cookie recipe will work.  Even the one of the Quaker box. :)  I don't have the lactation cookie recipe as I've never actually used that one, but it's floating around this group somewhere.  Or google.

Quoting XMaybebabyX:

I will eat oatmeal cookies! I don't mind it when it's crunchy, but the cottage cheese like texture makes me gag. Do you have a good recipe? I'm sooo interested!

Quoting jackiewal10:

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I can't even sallow one bite of oatmeal, but I LOVE oatmeal chocolate chip cookies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mewebb82
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I've been eating it everyday too with lots of dates, walnuts, and brown sugar. I've also been making a lot of oatmeal bread lately.
turttlemom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:15 PM

I love oatmeal, but haven't had time lately... You can also do smoothies with a cup of oatmeal and you won't notice it.

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:19 PM
I love oatmeal, but I prepare it more on the "soupy" side, I can't eat that cottage cheesey texture for anything, plus it gives me dry mouth....blah. Dark chocolate is good for you :-) I'm going to eat some oatmeal now! (I'm pregnant, lol.)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)