• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Urgent! Update*

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:54 PM
  • 13 Replies
I've been nursing for 4 months. My diet has not changed recently. Baby poop last night normal. Baby poop this morning and consecutive 2 times after milky white. Vomiting, not projectile. A lot though. Like half a cup or more. Very mucousy. Doctor suggested pedialite for next 2 feedings. Yes or no. Dd has never had a bottle and I'm not sure I can get it in her.

I should have stayed off google...

Any advice?

Update....

So I will be calling the doctor as soon as they open. Dd's bowel has not changed since yesterday. She's had 6 total that have all been that milky white consistency. She's seems fine temperament wise, smiling and happy. I really hope it's nothing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:56 PM
NO pedialyte! Baby is way too young, pedialyte is loaded with sugar and does not contain the nutrients or antibodies that breastmilk does. If baby is nursing, there is no need for pedialyte.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Pedialyte at 4 months?? No way!
polkaspots
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Pedialyte is the baby equivalent of Gatorade. It's better than water, but still crap. Idk what could be wrong, but if she's nursing there's no need to give her anything else. Did the doctor say anything about what could be causing her issues?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MorganTho
This!

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

NO pedialyte! Baby is way too young, pedialyte is loaded with sugar and does not contain the nutrients or antibodies that breastmilk does. If baby is nursing, there is no need for pedialyte.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kathy489

Breastmilk is all that is needed. Nature's way, the best way, the only way...

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:01 PM

I would say no to the pedialite also, but def. watch her closely.  She will dehydrate very quickly at this age if she's vomiting like that.   

newmom1313
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:05 PM

My 3 week old daughter had the stomach flu a week ago.  We had to go to the ER because she was vomiting breastmilk and wasnt keeping anything down.  The ER docs HAD to give her pedialite because she wasn't getting anything down.  She ended up keeping half of the pedialite feeding down, which was more than the amount of breastmilk she was keeping down.

IrishIz
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:06 PM
No pedialyte. Keep nursing and as often as possible. Watch for dehydration! Mucous could simply be a little cold with some post nasal drip.
Lisa2424
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Thank you ladies, she is still nursing and not even spitting every time. she has  no fever also. The doctor had no idea what could be causing the millky white stool. Or she just didnt say. Google had some things to say though. I'm freaking out just a bit. White stools are not a good thing. I'm going to keep an eye on her if they dont change tomorrow we will go see the doctor. 

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Did your google search bring up Dr. Jay Gordon's article, Color of the Day? That is the best one regarding breastfed baby poop. Yes, white poop is concerning. Keep nursing and watch closely for signs of dehydration.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)