• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Migraines?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:21 PM
  • 9 Replies
I constantly have a migraine and gets worse when my son nurses. I drink a ton of water... Could this be breastfeeding related?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:34 PM
I have never heard of that. I know headaches can.be related to dehydration thoigh
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:49 PM
It could be related to fluid intake or a deficiency of something. I get them from time to time. I think they might be hormone related.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Monkeymama930
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:51 PM
My neurologist said its hormonal and to take benidril IF your supply is good in some woman it can affect there supply but if you have a good supply (I was usually over flowing) it will ease migraines and is safe for the baby. Might ask your doctor.

My doc also had me take iron maybe you need some vitamins. You should take your prenatal vitamins as long as you bf. that might help.

Hope you feel better!! Migraines SUCK!!!
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:04 PM
I've never heard of taking Benadryl for migraines. Huh.

Quoting Monkeymama930:

My neurologist said its hormonal and to take benidril IF your supply is good in some woman it can affect there supply but if you have a good supply (I was usually over flowing) it will ease migraines and is safe for the baby. Might ask your doctor.

My doc also had me take iron maybe you need some vitamins. You should take your prenatal vitamins as long as you bf. that might help.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Monkeymama930
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Yeah I never had either, but it came from me not wanting to stop bf and there just not being that many bf safe migraine treatment options. So my neurologist said he had heard good things about bendril and suggested we try it.
I must say I was more then a little surprised. That a cheap OTC drug could help. And I could use it while bf.

Quoting aehanrahan:

Quoting Monkeymama930:

GirlInTheFedora
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:47 PM
I drink ton of water so don't think it's that. Won't benadryl make you sleepy and baby?
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:46 AM
I take imitrex for my migraines. Before that, I took Advil and Excedrin tension (the one without aspirin).

Quoting Monkeymama930:

Yeah I never had either, but it came from me not wanting to stop bf and there just not being that many bf safe migraine treatment options. So my neurologist said he had heard good things about bendril and suggested we try it.

I must say I was more then a little surprised. That a cheap OTC drug could help. And I could use it while bf.

Quoting aehanrahan:

Quoting Monkeymama930:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Monkeymama930
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Oh migraines suck, I've been on imetrex, relaplex, delodin, toradol, penagrin, indomethasin, even done the shots in the back of the neck to block the nerves.
My neurologist is understandably concerned about some of these meds and bf so he did some resource and found out from a female doc in his practice, that she had great success with benidril with her bf patients. So he recommended it.

Quoting aehanrahan:

I take imitrex for my migraines. Before that, I took Advil and Excedrin tension (the one without aspirin).

Quoting Monkeymama930:

Quoting aehanrahan:

Quoting Monkeymama930:

kalejames2010
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:28 AM
My neurologist to me to take magnesium twice a day. It was the only thing he would let me take while pregnant and bf. I would get them so bad I would pass out and get sick. Magnesium was the only thing that kept them away so I could function.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)