Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Zoloft

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:30 PM
  • 10 Replies

Can zoloft affect supply?

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Not that I know of. It's one of the preferred antidepressants for nursing. Why do you think you'te having supply issues?
Thunderbug75
by Amanda on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:42 PM

It didn't affect mine!

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:55 PM
This. What's going on?

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Not that I know of. It's one of the preferred antidepressants for nursing. Why do you think you'te having supply issues?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BabyPink07
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Past two days at work, I haven't been getting as much as normal. It's still outside the realm of average, but it's been low for me. And the only new thing is the zoloft. Been on it about a week. Baby seems to be having a harder time getting a let down too. She does though, just works harder. Dipes are fine. Wondering if it could be the Zoloft.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:09 PM
How old is she? Does she nurse freely when she's with you? How much is she fed at a time while you're at work?
BabyPink07
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Nurse on demand when we're together, BUT I work 12 hr shifts, and we are apart 13+ hours. I nurse her at 7, pump at 1030, 1330, 1630, and 1930. I usually get 6-7 oz the first session, and 2-4 oz the other sessions. She drinks anywhere from 2-4 4 oz bottles. I usually pump way more than she eats. I get home at 2145 and she's asleep for the night. She may wake up once to nurse. Then I wake her at 7 am again. Daddy follows her lead with bottles.
maggiemom2000
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:04 PM

It is probably a coincidence and normal supply regulation and drop in pump output.

gdiamante
by Gina on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:11 AM

The decline in pump output is actually expected. Most of us experience it.

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Yep! It its most likely just regulation and the normal expected decrease of pump output.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BabyPink07
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Ok! As long as it isn't the Zoloft! It's starting to help and I don't want to stop it. Thanks ladies!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)