Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I made it to a year!!! I also need help!!!! Pregnant!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:32 PM
  • 5 Replies

After 3 kids I finally made it to a YEAR!!!! YAY!!!! I am SOO very proud of myself! I feel so IDK.. but it is wonderful!

Next I found out I am pregnant about a week ago now. I noticed a dip in my supply (I think from her behavior) which is why I tested. I can nurse even if I "dry up" right? Like just for comfort? I WANT to continue nursing as long as she is willing and happy to do so. I am also going to be a high risk pregnancy... can I still nurse her? I have a stash just in case I need to stop for a bit. I still want her to get the most she can from the milk. But honestly I have cried about 20 times knowing I may lose this bonding time with her.

ANything you can tell me would be great!

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Yes, you can still dry nurse if you dry up. The only limitation on nursing while pregnant is if you're on pelvic rest, then you should not nurse.
Way to go! And congratulations! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Have you gone into preterm labor before?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Agreed!
Congrats mama on your pregnancy and makkng it a year thus far :) i found out i was pregnan with number two when my ebfed baby turned.one.....there was no way we were readt to wean either.

"Adventures.in tandem.nursing" is a book i always recommend :)

Quoting aehanrahan:

Yes, you can still dry nurse if you dry up. The only limitation on nursing while pregnant is if you're on pelvic rest, then you should not nurse.

Way to go! And congratulations! :-)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Duckyteers
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Yes, with all 3 kids... but so far nothing can prevent it.

Well, its not really "LABOR" my cervix just kinda gives out around 5 pound... I dont really contract.. in fact they end up giving me pit. to help delivery the baby.

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

maggiemom2000
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Quoting Duckyteers:

Yes, with all 3 kids... but so far nothing can prevent it.

Well, its not really "LABOR" my cervix just kinda gives out around 5 pound... I dont really contract.. in fact they end up giving me pit. to help delivery the baby.

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Continuing to breastfeed should not have any affect on that.

Check out this article for more info: http://kellymom.com/pregnancy/bf-preg/bfpregnancy_safety/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)