Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

i made it past 6 months!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:33 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

i don't post here much but during the early months when i was freaking out about things i posted in here and this group helped me out so much. i have aspergers syndrome and sometimes i have issues with sensory stuff, so i wasn't sure i would make it very long breastfeeding. i am proud to say that i have gone past my original goal of 6 months (we're at 7 months now!) and i'm hoping to continue on to my secondary goal of 1 year :D right now i'm in the difficult biting stage of things, nursing manners doesn't seem to be working too well but i'm hoping he'll eventually learn that biting means no boob.

does anyone have any tips on how to get baby to stop biting other things? sometimes when i remove him from my breast for biting he will chomp down on my hand or arm. he has also bitten DH on the shoulder and chest while being held! 

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Congrats!
Teething sounds like the.culprit! So i would treat that first.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Congrats and agreed^!!! :-)
Zazayam
by Nicki on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Congrats! Also agree with teething.

Nimil
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:01 AM

not sure how to "treat" teething lol he's had teething tablets (the hylands ones?) and he still does it.. suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Get some hylands teething tablets or when he feels like chewing or biting offer him a knuckle or a frozen wet washcloth. We also bought a Baltic amber necklace and it seems to be helping.
Toxic.Stardust
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Woohoo! Congrats! I'm also working on my second goal of 12 months nursing, 9 months and going strong.

I don't have much advice on biting, dd only did it a few times when she was stuffy and sick
Nimil
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:32 PM

we have biting every day, every time i nurse.. its making it hard but i'm powering though. he already has hyland tablets, and he hates frozen stuff in his mouth lol i dunno why but he just won't put a cold teething ring or washrag in his mouth at all. throws it on the floor. he's got 6 teeth already, i'm hoping this biting stuff calms down soon.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Try rubbing a raw sweet onion on his gums. A dry washcloth can work too. The cold just helps to numb. Do you give Tylenol and/or Advil/Motrin?
Way to go getting through your first goal! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Watch and try to anticipate the bite and take him off before he gets the chance. He can't bite while actively nursing, so if he gets bored or starts playing, take him off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nimil
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:42 PM

i haven't actually given him any tylenol, i wasn't sure if it was ok to give along with the teething tablets so he's just had the tablets when he seems really pained.

Quoting aehanrahan:

Try rubbing a raw sweet onion on his gums. A dry washcloth can work too. The cold just helps to numb. Do you give Tylenol and/or Advil/Motrin?
Way to go getting through your first goal! :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN