Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Lip blisters ?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:58 PM
  • 6 Replies

Ds will be 3 months old on the 9th and he has what appears to be blisters on his top lip kinda on the inner side of the lip .. i knew he had then when he was first born .. but is it normal to get them at this age ?

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Are they blisters.or jus like skin peelng?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bwsmommy
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:34 AM
It was like a blister .. But now it's just like skin . He had them when he was around a week old and the dr said it was from sucking .. But I was kinda shocked to see them again as I would have thought his lips have gotten a bit tougher since being born .

Quoting Precious333:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Hmmmm never noticed with mine, i did noyice sometimes the loose skin from.their lips, from the moisture, but thats it.

Quoting bwsmommy:

It was like a blister .. But now it's just like skin . He had them when he was around a week old and the dr said it was from sucking .. But I was kinda shocked to see them again as I would have thought his lips have gotten a bit tougher since being born .

Quoting Precious333:

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:11 AM
DS got these when he was latched improperly, with his top lip folded in instead of flanged.... could it be a possibility? I didn't notice at first, because he had a great latch almost right away and I didn't really check again until he started getting the blisters.

Quoting bwsmommy:It was like a blister .. But now it's just like skin . He had them when he was around a week old and the dr said it was from sucking .. But I was kinda shocked to see them again as I would have thought his lips have gotten a bit tougher since being born .

Quoting Precious333:Are they blisters.or jus like skin peelng?
amc103
by Alli on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:02 AM

OP, Im glad you posted this! My LO is 4 weeks and gets these blisters often. Cruz...Im glad you posted this reply! It confirms my suspision that my LO has a lip tie...sigh. Going to the doctor today. 

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

DS got these when he was latched improperly, with his top lip folded in instead of flanged.... could it be a possibility? I didn't notice at first, because he had a great latch almost right away and I didn't really check again until he started getting the blisters.

Quoting bwsmommy:It was like a blister .. But now it's just like skin . He had them when he was around a week old and the dr said it was from sucking .. But I was kinda shocked to see them again as I would have thought his lips have gotten a bit tougher since being born .

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Yep, DS is 19 months and I just recently noticed his lip tie. When he was little, I always was able to flip his lip and get a proper latch fortunately. I didnt even know what a lip or tongue tie was until after DS was over a year old, and I didn't ever check him because I never remembered any issues BFing and he is is still nursing well now. I really only discovered the tie because it has now caused tooth decay :-( Had I known about ties when he was having blisters, I would've tried to get it taken care of right away.

OP, has your LO been checked for lip and tongue ties?

Quoting amc103:

OP, Im glad you posted this! My LO is 4 weeks and gets these blisters often. Cruz...Im glad you posted this reply! It confirms my suspision that my LO has a lip tie...sigh. Going to the doctor today. 

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN