Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Need Advice. Non judgemental, non rude please

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:47 PM
  • 35 Replies
My baby girl is 3 months old. She has been extremly fussy since birth. Been to two different doctors, nothing medically wrong with her. So here is all that is going on. Emma has been breast fed only for 5 weeks exclusively. After the 5th week, I started formula also due to her weight and her fussiness. Since the formula starting, she has been happier less fussy. But still fussy. After several different types of formula, finally resorted to soy. I hate that i feel like a failure to her because of her not being satisfied after breastfeeding. I still breast feed for her to recieve the nutrients and antibodies. But i think shes getting most of her nutrients and feedings from the bottle formula. I pump alot during the bottle feedings. The thing is she is not happy after breast feeding or bottle feeding. She wants the boob after bottle to either fall asleep or comfort nurse. I cannot get her off the boob at all. I want to bottle feed her exclusively with breast and formula esp since I have to go back to work. But she throws a huge huge fit if she cannot have the boob any time she wants it. I think she has behavior issues if thats possible for a 3 month old. She rarely seems to eat off boob but like I said goes crazy without it. No one can watch her or console her, I am the only one. All she wants is boob. Its very difficult. How do people stop breasfeeding? Do they just do tough love or something? I really wish I could breast feed her, but 1 she isnt satisfied, she fights the boob alot. 2 no one can console her unless they give her their boob, 3 she cant sleep without it. 4 its so hard on me. Another issue is she cries after I feed her bottle of formula and the only way she sleeps is with the boob, white noise, and rocking. Is this ok all the time? Or is she overstimulated? How will she ever sleep in crib? Will she ever put herself to sleep? Can I get her on some sort of schedule? How do I do that? We go back to the doc next week for checkup. But i just feel like im doing everything wrong. Every baby i meet goes to sleep when put down after feeding. Mine cries all the time. She laughs and coos sometimes, but its such a small window of happiness with her. Im just frustrated, like im doing everything wrong. please any advice is helpful.
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviaW.
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Is she teething? She also might be hitting a growth spurt too if she only wants to eat. I know my ds was fussy a lot cause he has a milk protein allergy and was getting the protein through my milk but after I changed my diet and waited a few weeks he wasn't fussy anymore.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
QuickMomma
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Mine is the sameway and has been since week 3 plus he arches his back.I have leaky gut and I am sure he does too.Not that is your problem but hopefully it gets better for you.
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:00 PM

she's high needs.  that won't change with weaning, you'll just have fewer options for consoling her.

have you tried removing dairy?  she Also sounds Like she May be sensitive.

kabowenrn
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Yes, Ive changed my diet completely after 2nd week. No dairy, no coffee, no chocolate, no gassy foods for me. She does arch her back often. Do you think it could be an issue like hyperthyroid? Im hypothroid and take medications, but u dont think my meds could making her crazy?
IansMommy2012
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:10 PM
What mess are you taking? Have you tried a chiro?
kabowenrn
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:10 PM
ya doc said she was high maintance. I just wish daddy or grandma could console her. I love being her momma and her wanting me, but im afraid to go back to work because of her neediness. Im afraid she will scream all day.
kabowenrn
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:12 PM
meds? levoxyl for my hypothroid. I went over the meds with doc. she says its fine. but im so nervous..
IansMommy2012
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:13 PM
You dd could still be effected. Every baby is different. I would try. Chiro tho could just need alignment :)

Quoting kabowenrn:

meds? levoxyl for my hypothroid. I went over the meds with doc. she says its fine. but im so nervous..
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Yes, this was my first child in the.beginning, very high needs. I took him to the chiro and that helped! I wore him as well he was held 24/7 for a good chunk.of his babyhood. He was also.in my bed.
I believe that dr. Sears has a book on high need babies

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

she's high needs.  that won't change with weaning, you'll just have fewer options for consoling her.

have you tried removing dairy?  she Also sounds Like she May be sensitive.

kabowenrn
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:23 PM

im so confused! chiropractor for the baby?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)