• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need more help:(

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:53 PM
  • 13 Replies
So DD is three weeks old. Has a posterior tongue tie and pedi thinks might have a lip tie as well. ENT can't get us in until the 15th. I think my supply is going down. I don't get any fullness at all anymore. DD's diapers are going down.. She's only had 4 or 5 today from her usual 10+. We're still using the shield and I used to see some milk residue and leaked in it like crazy.. Yeah, nothing. She's not seeming satisfied after feeding. Wtf do I do. She screams while trying to latch. We just can't get it figured out:(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Debbieplus1
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:55 PM
And she isn't gaining weight. She's still four oz under birth weight. Hasn't gained at all in 4 or 5 days. :/
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:58 PM
What you can do is suppliment with pumped breastmilk after you nurse. If you dont want to use a bottle (which is wise) you can put some milk.in a syringe, have baby suck on your index finger and give a little milk at a time.

Is that the only ent you can see?
IansMommy2012
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:01 PM
This. Gl!

Quoting Precious333:

What you can do is suppliment with pumped breastmilk after you nurse. If you dont want to use a bottle (which is wise) you can put some milk.in a syringe, have baby suck on your index finger and give a little milk at a time.

Debbieplus1
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Yeah:( they originally had her down for the 29th but once I explained the issues the 15th was the best they could do... I'm just wondering if it will be game over by then. Feeding is completely miserable right now. She can't hardly suck at all. She just gnaws on me and we both get frustrated

Quoting Precious333:

fortressmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:06 PM

I would call and insist on being called if they have a cancellation. Be sure they understand that she's not gaining or eating well at all. In the meantime, pump and give it to her with a syringe as mentioned above. That way she doesn't get spoiled to a bottle.

maggiemom2000
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Pump and supplement with your milk. You an do it!

Do you know for sure that this ENT has experience with and will treat both LT & PTT? I'd hate for you to wait that long only to find out he can't help. In my experience, most docs who are knowledgeable about tongue tie and breastfeeding will get baby in within a couple of days of you calling. 

Where do you live?

Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:07 PM
No, its not game over until you say it is. Dont be discouraged. Just keep pumping after nursing and supplimenting to keep those dipe counts up. Contact an ibclc if you need baby to be further looked at or support

Quoting Debbieplus1:

Yeah:( they originally had her down for the 29th but once I explained the issues the 15th was the best they could do... I'm just wondering if it will be game over by then. Feeding is completely miserable right now. She can't hardly suck at all. She just gnaws on me and we both get frustrated

Quoting Precious333:

maggiemom2000
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Okay, I see you're in WA?

Try calling the two docs listed here:

http://www.lowmilksupply.org/frenotomy.shtml#WA

Debbieplus1
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:12 PM
I have no idea.
I live in Tacoma, WA. Just south of Seattle.

Quoting maggiemom2000:

Do you know for sure that this ENT has experience with and will treat both LT & PTT? I'd hate for you to wait that long only to find out he can't help. In my experience, most docs who are knowledgeable about tongue tie and breastfeeding will get baby in within a couple of days of you calling. 

Where do you live?

maggiemom2000
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this

There are two in Seattle that are recommended by a well respected IBCLC. I posted a link above, here's a cut and paste of their info but I can't get it to copy the phone number of the second person. Call them both tomorrow!

Isabella Knox, MD, EdM (Neonatologist)
Maternity & Infant Care Clinic at UWMC
(860) 212-4391 
iknox@u.washington.edu

Diana Recommends
Mary Ann O'Hara, MD, MPH, M.St, FABM

Seattle Breastfeeding Medicine
7733 39th Avenue, NE 

Quoting Debbieplus1:

I have no idea.
I live in Tacoma, WA. Just south of Seattle.

Quoting maggiemom2000:

Where do you live?

There

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)