Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Father takes son's Mother to Court because she Breastfeeds!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hypothetical situation:

Man & Woman, unmarried, have a child. They are not in a relationship and Father gets child every other weekend, court ordered. Son is 4mo. old. For first visitation, mother brings pumped milk. Father freaks out and says breastfeeding is immoral and perverted. He says babies are suppose to drink formula. Father takes Mother to Family Court because the Mother is doing a perverse actions by breastfeeding her son. What do you think the judge would say?

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Replies (11-20):
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:14 AM
In my state judges to not give overnight visitation to breastfed babies under a year.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cowgirl_Coyote
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:33 AM

He would lose that battle. There is nothing perverted, unnatural, immoral, or illegal about breastfeeding and, unless she is doing drugs or smoking and her breastmilk is causing the child harm, a judge can't tell her that she can't nurse.

CafeMom Tickers
Mommabearbergh
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:13 AM
I would think in mass where I live they would side with the women. It's very rare when they side with men
IrishIz
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:55 AM
That's a myth. There's no law that protects the breastfeeding relationship. Some get lucky and some don't!

Quoting jackiewal10:

Judge will side with the mother.  Also, I don't think that a BF baby is allowed overnight visits before a year. I realize it's a hypothetical situation, but the reality is, I don't think that happens.

IrishIz
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:58 AM
It could go either way. Honestly...judges place judgment and use a lot of opinion when they do. Evidence can help and many times it does but that doesn't mean they don't use opinion and the wrong decision won't get made.
ZanderBsMama
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:13 AM
If I'm not mistaken it is in law that a father or other custodial parent has to make exceptions and work with the mother if she chooses to BF. Especially if the mother is the main caregiver of the baby.
ZanderBsMama
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Jackiewal10 You are not mistaken... I just read this on a lawyer's website the other day...it may not be in all states though. But as sole choice of the mother if she chooses to BF, unless she is found unfit to ie. Drugs alcohol etc., the court cannot tell her she can't.
Sfrazier
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Your stupid and wasting my time.

tarakay0417
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Laugh at the father and throw him out of the court room.
CatFishMom
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Any GOOD judge is going to laugh him out of court. But, who knows?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN