Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

advantages in nursing a toddler.....

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:31 AM
  • 15 Replies
Those toddlers can be such picky eaters! Lol when you breastfeed, you know that its ok if they refused to eat a meal because they have their boobie milk atleast!

My 2 1/2 yr old jus weaned, and he has been the pickiest eater! He atleast eats fruit, but recently has doesnt want most veggies and wont eat dinner, sometimes he won eat lunch, and ge wakes up.starving! (He asks to eat before he even. Opens his eyes! Lol)

Also, he got this blister type thing on his finger. I have no idea what it is. This is the third time he has had it, and it seems to.come around the same time each year. He had it tested for bateria and the herpes virus, both came back negative. Anyways, last year when he got it i used breastmilk and.coconut oil to treat it and it went away pretty quickly. Well, this time i have only teeny.drops of.colostrum, but still.been treating it with coconut oil.....sorry i went off topic. Anways, we will see if ir helps.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:59 AM
I've always heard that BF children are less picky eaters than FF babies, don't know if there's any truth to that, but it would make sense to me. DS eats everything he's ever been offered and quite happily, spinach, celery juice (neither DH or I could stomach even a drink...it was fresh and homemade, but we just didn't like the taste) blueberries, apples, kale, sweet potatoes, grapes, pickles, coconut milk, etc. He loves everything....he's only 19 months though, so maybe I just haven't gotten to the picky stage or maybe I'm just lucky.

Love that breastmilk has such "magical" healing properties!
Nadali
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:01 AM
You're lucky. :) My girls were both bf babies and extremely picky. I think it just depends on the baby.

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

I've always heard that BF children are less picky eaters than FF babies, don't know if there's any truth to that, but it would make sense to me. DS eats everything he's ever been offered and quite happily, spinach, celery juice (neither DH or I could stomach even a drink...it was fresh and homemade, but we just didn't like the taste) blueberries, apples, kale, sweet potatoes, grapes, pickles, coconut milk, etc. He loves everything....he's only 19 months though, so maybe I just haven't gotten to the picky stage or maybe I'm just lucky.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:18 AM
I'm currently at that in between phase where nursing him is a huge pain and so is food time. It's nice to hear that it gets better. How did weaning happen for you? My husband keeps talking about how I'm drying up and it's making me nervous about when we actually do wean.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Unless your husband is an lc, he doesn know. My dh says the most bazarre things about bfeding sometimes.

Weaning is easiest when lettng your child self wean, which is what i originally wanted to, but it didnt happen this.time for various reasons. If you decide to wean before than, then taking it step by step is best.

Quoting polkaspots:

I'm currently at that in between phase where nursing him is a huge pain and so is food time. It's nice to hear that it gets better. How did weaning happen for you? My husband keeps talking about how I'm drying up and it's making me nervous about when we actually do wean.

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:04 AM
At that age mine were so much better.

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

polkaspots
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:47 PM
He doesn't seem to realize just how many times a day the baby still nurses. He nurses every few hours day and night. So I'm not really worried about weaning, but he keeps mentioning it.

Quoting Precious333:

Unless your husband is an lc, he doesn know. My dh says the most bazarre things about bfeding sometimes.

Weaning is easiest when lettng your child self wean, which is what i originally wanted to, but it didnt happen this.time for various reasons. If you decide to wean before than, then taking it step by step is best.

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryJarrett
by Mary on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:54 PM
I think it depends on the kid, but it rings true for us too. Both my girls will eat anything. They are almost 3 and 4.5.

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Great :-/ so maybe the pickiness is yet to come....Well at least I only keep foods that I want him to eat at home, and my family and friends know to ask what I want him to have before offering it to him.

I also believe it has to do with your child. I had just heard that because BF babies get "used" to the family diet through flavors that transfer through breastmilk.

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Dont worry, every child is different. Mason isnt that bad, he wants lots of fruit atleast lol. He use to eat more veggies etc. Whatever i was having and sometimea askng for seconds, now he has become stubborn and will onoy want certain things, like fruit, cereal and crackers, which is strange because we were gluten/diary free.for a while.

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Great :-/ so maybe the pickiness is yet to come....Well at least I only keep foods that I want him to eat at home, and my family and friends know to ask what I want him to have before offering it to him.

I also believe it has to do with your child. I had just heard that because BF babies get "used" to the family diet through flavors that transfer through breastmilk.

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Thats how my dh was especially with our first. Mason is our third, and he finally understands that im not going to wean just because he doesnt get it. He still thinks that its nit necessary or beneficial when they are toddlers, i keep on saying 'where have you heard that? Its not true at all, and there really is not logic behind it either imo, he of course cant back it up.

Quoting polkaspots:

He doesn't seem to realize just how many times a day the baby still nurses. He nurses every few hours day and night. So I'm not really worried about weaning, but he keeps mentioning it.

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting polkaspots:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)