Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm feeling a little selfish and guilty

Posted by   + Show Post
I just counted the stash in the deep freeze it equals to 616 oz! I have been exclusively pumping for 5 months. Ds is 6 1/2 months. I've been wanting to donate more milk ( I've only donated once to a mom who only needed 30 oz). Part of me wants to keep it all just in case. I feel ridiculous for saying that and I feel like it's selfish. I don't plan on weaning the pump for quite a while after his 1st birthday.

I posted this in the EP group but it's not very active.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Replies (11-16):
Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:17 PM
My DS is not yet 3 months. I have over 200oz in my freezer. My DH told me if I was going to keep pumping I needed to donate some. I only pump every now and then.

I'm also hesitant to get rid of any.

I've given some to a close friend but that is it.

I guess in worried that if I get rid of too much some thing bad will happen. Like I will get in a tragic car accident and be in the hospital unable to move for like a month and DS won't have enough.

I have instructed DH though that if something were to happen he a needs to use all my booby milk then find a donor. I've even given some names of friends that might be able to donate.

I'm insane, I know.
Monkeymama930
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:25 PM
It will go bad, I am a hoarder my self lol and I have an 18 month old. And I finally had to get rid of some I pumped when he was frist born! So do use it or donate it befor it goes bad.
pinkiebabii
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with a pp. donate 100 Oz a month, that way you have enough for emergencies but not too much and you help a momma in need. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Not insane. Many of us feel the same!

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

My DS is not yet 3 months. I have over 200oz in my freezer. My DH told me if I was going to keep pumping I needed to donate some. I only pump every now and then.

I guess in worried that if I get rid of too much some thing bad will happen. Like I will get in a tragic car accident and be in the hospital unable to move for like a month and DS won't have enough.

I have instructed DH though that if something were to happen he a needs to use all my booby milk then find a donor. I've even given some names of friends that might be able to donate.

I'm insane, I know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hnischke
by Heather on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:15 PM
I never thought of this until last night! I told my husband the total and said I should donate 500. He freaked out and planted that "what if" seed -_- lol

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

I'm insane, I know.

Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:53 PM
My husband planted the "what if "seed before I had a stash. Then my friend actually had it happen. Her BP rose to like 220 over 99 and she almost stroked out and was in the hospital. I ended up pumping and meeting her sister so her baby wouldn't get formula. I started making my stash that night.

Quoting hnischke:

I never thought of this until last night! I told my husband the total and said I should donate 500. He freaked out and planted that "what if" seed -_- lol

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

I'm insane, I know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN