Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Lip tie? Pic

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:30 PM
  • 19 Replies

Mobile Photo

That's a pretty significant upper lip tie, right?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:46 PM
These things are popping up everywhere this week! Yes it does look pretty significant. Contact a pediatric dentist or ent. also check for a sneaky posterior tongue tie. They usually go hand in hand.
TTC2Long
by Gina on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Yeah, that looks really thick. I'm taking Jojo in for his next week.
GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:52 PM

My pediatric dentist is a dud.  He didn't know they could affect breastfeeding...  :(  

Debbieplus1
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:59 PM
You're probably seeing all my posts about it lol. She has PTT too. Her ENT appt wasn't until the end of the month but they just called and have an opening today! I'm nervous :(

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

These things are popping up everywhere this week! Yes it does look pretty significant. Contact a pediatric dentist or ent. also check for a sneaky posterior tongue tie. They usually go hand in hand.
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Don't be nervous. It will be much better to just do it and get it over with while there aren't many blood vessels or nerves in the frenulum(s). good luck momma. I hope to see good updates later!

Quoting Debbieplus1:

You're probably seeing all my posts about it lol. She has PTT too. Her ENT appt wasn't until the end of the month but they just called and have an opening today! I'm nervous :(

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

mamabens
by Miranda on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Ooh you're getting her in today!! I hope it goes well! Call or text if you need me. Oh and yes that's a lip tie!

Quoting Debbieplus1:

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

BabyFruit Ticker

maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:03 PM

WAting for the update!

Quoting Debbieplus1:

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Yes, much better to get it done now rather than at 5 like I have to do with my son. I just discovered his tongue tie.
Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Don't be nervous. It will be much better to just do it and get it over with while there aren't many blood vessels or nerves in the frenulum(s). good luck momma. I hope to see good updates later!

Quoting Debbieplus1:

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Debbieplus1
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Doctor didn't even know what PTT was, and fought me on cutting her lip tie. So I have to probably pay OOP to see a provider that knows what it is... He said she wasn't tongue tied at all.

Quoting maggiemom2000:

WAting for the update!

Quoting Debbieplus1:

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

mamabens
by Miranda on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Wtf? Geesh you cannot catch a break! Did he at least cut the lip tie?  Grrr and people wonder why drs piss me off so uch!

Quoting Debbieplus1:

Doctor didn't even know what PTT was, and fought me on cutting her lip tie. So I have to probably pay OOP to see a provider that knows what it is... He said she wasn't tongue tied at all.

Quoting maggiemom2000:

WAting for the update!

Quoting Debbieplus1:

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

BabyFruit Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)