Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Bottles for breastfed babies...

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:35 PM
  • 36 Replies

Though I plan to breastfeed, I would like to invest in some good bottles and pump for convenience. Ive been doing some research and found great reviews on two I like. Though they are a little pricey, I wouldnt mind the investment as long they are pretty good bottles. 

I found:

Brand: Adiri

and 

mimijumi brand

I was wondering if anyone has tried either of these and if you have what do you think of them?

Im also open to suggestions, if anyone has any.

Pregnancy Ticker

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Featured Replies
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Definite no on the mimjumi, the nipple part is too hard, not like the breast. . The Adiria has a much higer flow rate than a lot of other nipples (you want a slow flow rate to avoid a flow preference with baby. I've done a lot of reserch on this and so far the ones that seem to be the best overall are some of the more basic, simple "regular" ones.

The cheapest, easiest would be the standard Evenflo classic, a little fancier with a really slow flow rate would be the Dr Browns narrow premie nipple or level 1 nipple, also the playtex drop ins naturaLatch.

Expensive and fancy and lots of marketing attempts to make it "more like the breast" are actually not any better for baby going back and forth between breast/bottle.

Lots more details at http://thebreastfeedingmother.blogspot.com/2012/07/the-trouble-with-calma-and-quest-for.html

GoodyBrook
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:49 PM

A glass Evenflo with a newborn nipple worked great for DS while I was working.  (I lucked out that he tolerated cheap bottles!)

CatFishMom
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I used playtex drop in's with the wide based nipple, slow flow only. Breastfed babies dont need to 'graduate' to stage two nipples, regardless of the bottle you use-FYI. The slow flow matches the flow of milk from the breast best.

SadieJames
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

It really depends on baby.  Some take the cheapest Walmart one and some have a more refined taste : ) 

buy ONE of a couple different kinds.  Also,  wait until 4-6 weeks to introduce and have daddy do it while you're out of the house.  You need to pump for every bottle given to keep you supply up too.

outstandingLove
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:56 PM

My nursling refuses the bottle.

Bump!

Ginnygurl97
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:56 PM
I've used the Playtex nursers drop ins w both of my boys. I used dr browns, avent, and the ones that came w the pump for my first who was very colicky and the Playtex was the only one to help. Plus they have the natural latch nipples that they've both loved.

Good luck to you!

Oh, I have a Medela freestyle double electro pump. I love it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kbutton24
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Even though we rarely ise bottles, my dd only likes tommy tippee bottles. I've tried a ton but they're super easy for her to hold with the curvy shape :) good luck!
ittyprincess604
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:58 PM

ok thanks :) I breastfed my first, but only ever pumped/used a bottle once for a long trip. 

Quoting SadieJames:

It really depends on baby.  Some take the cheapest Walmart one and some have a more refined taste : ) 

buy ONE of a couple different kinds.  Also,  wait until 4-6 weeks to introduce and have daddy do it while you're out of the house.  You need to pump for every bottle given to keep you supply up too.

Pregnancy Ticker

Ginnygurl97
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Oooh, I forgot to say that about the nipples in my last reply! But that's what I was told w both boys :-)

Quoting CatFishMom:

I used playtex drop in's with the wide based nipple, slow flow only. Breastfed babies dont need to 'graduate' to stage two nipples, regardless of the bottle you use-FYI. The slow flow matches the flow of milk from the breast best.

mewebb82
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:09 PM
I've never used either of those. We're using avent naturals. I tried a few others, but these seem to be what my little guy preferred. My daughter had a preference for avent classic. My oldest had no preference, so I picked the bottle that I found to be easiest to clean and stuck with that. Lol
I suggest buying several kinds and 1 of each. That way you can buy more of the kind that works best for baby (or you) and you aren't losing too much money on any that don't work out.
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Definite no on the mimjumi, the nipple part is too hard, not like the breast. . The Adiria has a much higer flow rate than a lot of other nipples (you want a slow flow rate to avoid a flow preference with baby. I've done a lot of reserch on this and so far the ones that seem to be the best overall are some of the more basic, simple "regular" ones.

The cheapest, easiest would be the standard Evenflo classic, a little fancier with a really slow flow rate would be the Dr Browns narrow premie nipple or level 1 nipple, also the playtex drop ins naturaLatch.

Expensive and fancy and lots of marketing attempts to make it "more like the breast" are actually not any better for baby going back and forth between breast/bottle.

Lots more details at http://thebreastfeedingmother.blogspot.com/2012/07/the-trouble-with-calma-and-quest-for.html

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN