Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

BF hurts so bad I'd rather give birth over and over again than feed!

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:41 PM
  • 6 Replies
Ethan has a small lip tie. Combine that with my overproduction when I wear a bra in public (I pump out 13 oz after 6 hrs,even after feeding) and it's the worst pain I've ever felt. :( My doc has cut the tongue ties,but never a lip tie. She's going to ask another doc about it and get back to me. Now I have a legitimate reason for my insurance to pay for my pump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
HunnyBabie
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:46 PM

BUMP!

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting FarmGirl2B:

Ethan has a small lip tie.
That can create the pain you're feeling. absolutely.
Combine that with my overproduction when I wear a bra in public (I pump out 13 oz after 6 hrs,even after feeding)
Don't pump out a lot! That actually makes the overproduction worse. Take the barest edge off ONLY. No more. Right now, you're telling your body MAKE MORE by pumping out so much. Sort of like the production line in the chocolate factory in that famous I Love Lucy Epsiode. If you don't pump yourself empty, your body will get the idea that it doesn't need to make so much.
and it's the worst pain I've ever felt. :( My doc has cut the tongue ties,but never a lip tie. She's going to ask another doc about it and get back to me. Now I have a legitimate reason for my insurance to pay for my pump.

Be a squeaky wheel about getting the tie clipped.

Ptitchou
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Stop pumping. Good luck with the lip tie clip.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FarmGirl2B
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:31 PM
I pump because of the clogged ducts. I go braless 90% of the time because of it. Tips?

Quoting gdiamante:

Quoting FarmGirl2B:

Combine that with my overproduction when I wear a bra in public (I pump out 13 oz after 6 hrs,even after feeding)
Don't pump out a lot! That actually makes the overproduction worse. Take the barest edge off ONLY. No more. Right now, you're telling your body MAKE MORE by pumping out so much. Sort of like the production line in the chocolate factory in that famous I Love Lucy Epsiode. If you don't pump yourself empty, your body will get the idea that it doesn't need to make so much.
and it's the worst pain I've ever felt. :( My doc has cut the tongue ties,but never a lip tie. She's going to ask another doc about it and get back to me. Now I have a legitimate reason for my insurance to pay for my pump.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Are you block feeding to remedy the massive oversupply?
You can take lecithin to help prevent the plugged ducts while you're managing the oversupply.
Quoting FarmGirl2B:

I pump because of the clogged ducts. I go braless 90% of the time because of it. Tips?

Quoting gdiamante:

Quoting FarmGirl2B:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Plugged ducts are caused by oversupply which is caused by the pumping which you're doing to relieve the plugged ducts. It's a bad cycle, I know. Follow what Amy said precisely for relief.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN