Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

TTC AND BREASTFEEDING

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:56 AM
  • 5 Replies
So DH and I are TTC again. My question is how early will I leak if I previously BREASTFEED my last son.

He is now 17 months old and weened himself at a year. So there has been no milk production. Now I am 7 days post period and I have just recently started leaking breast milk. DH has tried it while I nursed ds so he knows what it taste like.

Also could this be a sign that I am pregnant?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:25 AM
It can takes months to years to completely dry up after weaning. Leaking milk wouldn't typically be an indication of pregnancy. Your body won't make milk for a new baby until after its born as before the birth your body makes colostrum, even if your toddler was still nursing the entire pregnancy.

The start date of your last period was 7 days ago? I doubt you have even ovulated yet this cycle, therefore not pregnant. Are you getting egg white cervical fluid now? When you see that you are getting closer to ovulation. You can take most pregnancy tests as soon as 12 days after you ovulate.
yksurepa_570
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:13 AM
I am 7 days from getting my period.
I have not leaked at all since I dried up. Even my ob said I dried up a couple months after he was done.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

It can takes months to years to completely dry up after weaning. Leaking milk wouldn't typically be an indication of pregnancy. Your body won't make milk for a new baby until after its born as before the birth your body makes colostrum, even if your toddler was still nursing the entire pregnancy.

The start date of your last period was 7 days ago? I doubt you have even ovulated yet this cycle, therefore not pregnant. Are you getting egg white cervical fluid now? When you see that you are getting closer to ovulation. You can take most pregnancy tests as soon as 12 days after you ovulate.

ali840
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:22 AM
• You probably won't leak at all during pregnancy
• You are most likely still producing small amounts of milk. I could get milk for a couple years after my second weaned.
• I'm confused about your cycle. If you're 7days post period you haven't yet ovulated (most likely) if you're 7day pre period you would only be 1 week pregnant.
• It's very unlikely this is a symptom of pregnancy.

Quoting yksurepa_570:

So DH and I are TTC again. My question is how early will I leak if I previously BREASTFEED my last son.

He is now 17 months old and weened himself at a year. So there has been no milk production. Now I am 7 days post period and I have just recently started leaking breast milk. DH has tried it while I nursed ds so he knows what it taste like.

Also could this be a sign that I am pregnant?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Leaking breasts are not considered an early pregnancy sign. That said, if you ever think you are pregnant enough to have any symptoms at all then you'd have enough hcg to turn a hpt positive. You can buy a batch of 25 pregnancy strip tests for less than $10 on Amazon, very handy while TTC. if you know when you ovulated, start testing from 12 days after that.

Quoting yksurepa_570:I am 7 days from getting my period.
I have not leaked at all since I dried up. Even my ob said I dried up a couple months after he was done.

Quoting mostlymaydays:It can takes months to years to completely dry up after weaning. Leaking milk wouldn't typically be an indication of pregnancy. Your body won't make milk for a new baby until after its born as before the birth your body makes colostrum, even if your toddler was still nursing the entire pregnancy.

MamiNlovinIt
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Don't think about it. It only makes you stress. Most pregnancies happen when you're relaxed and it's not even on your mind.

* That's been proven.

* That's how BOTH of my kids got here! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN