Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Boosting sex drive

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:08 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have had zero sex drive since I've been BFing. I read a post in here a few days or a week ago about how that's normal while breastfeeding. I also remember reading about a supplement you can take to boost your sex drive, but I cant remember what it was. DH would LOVE it if I was "in the mood" more than once every 2 months.

Does anyone know what this supplement is called?

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:34 PM
It might have been calcium/magnesium. I see that suggested for everything. I don't know if it is truly breastfeeding related or just due to the exhaustion of having a baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I thought the fix for this problem was the baby going away to college.

On a more serious note, the only chance I have of getting in the mood comes with a glass of wine. Between the sleep deprivation and my breastfeeding body being very clear on not being interested in making another baby, I've never seen my libido return before a year. In fact the first 4 months, the thought of sex or even kissing actually repulses me.

It doesn't always take a glass of wine. Sometimes it takes TWO glasses. ;-0
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lifeforchrist
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Symplex f by standard process works for this problem. And safe while breastfeeding. you can also use gernaium essential oil topically to help.

kss12
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:18 PM
I don't know about medical supplements.. But during pregnancy and now breastfeeding I'm like a rabbit which I know is slightly on the abnormal side. After having read the same post that I think you're referring to I got to thinking and wondering what was different about me, my diet.. Something!
I looked on all the supplements I take (natural) and I read on one of them that it increases energy, stamina, virility and vitality. I don't know for sure but I'm sure this has something to do with why I feel so "driven" if you will! It's called Maca.. I get the Maca Gold at whole foods :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Maca. 

(I gotta get me some of that, 'cause I'm in the same boat as you!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)