Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

10 months bf

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:21 PM
  • 12 Replies
And my supply is decreasing. I just found out I'm pregnant again. Is there anything I can do to increase my supply while pregnant? I want to make it to a year with my dd before I start weaning her
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this
There really isn't much you can do since the decrease is due to pregnancy hormones. Keep nursing on demand and watch the diapers. You might be able to keep going without needing to supplement, but if the diapers drop, you'll need to also give some donor milk or formula. You can continue nursing as long as you want. If you need to supplement, you can give it with a SNS to keep her at the breast.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Are diapers decreasing? I might try to pump just in case we needed to supplement sometime before a year.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:45 PM

You can take More Milk PLus Two; it's safe during pregnancy. But that's about it.

LeaE08
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:47 PM
She's been nursing on demand about 3-4 times a day for about a month now because she is on solids too. She is getting plenty when she nurses but its when I pump, I'm betting about an ounce to two ounces less from both breast combined than I was before I found out I was pregnant. I know she's getting plenty when she nurses because when she pulls off it pours everywhere lol. I rarely give her a bottle of bm but we are going to a wedding tomorrow night and I'm trying to pump because she's staying with my inlaws. I only have one bottle -.-
LeaE08
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Hmm I've never heard of that. Where can I get it?

Quoting gdiamante:

You can take More Milk PLus Two; it's safe during pregnancy. But that's about it.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Health food store, online.

For tomorrow... 1 - 1.,25 ounces per hour. Even if you start the MMP2 TODAY I wouldn't expect much increase in putput in time for that.  Supplements won't do a thing if she's not at the breast more.So step one is to make sure she nurses first every time.S ounds to me as though she hasn't been nursing enough and that's why you're seeing a decrease. Solids are supposed to follow nursing all through year one. 

Let the caregivers push solids tonmorrow. You give little to none yourself.

Quoting LeaE08:

Quoting gdiamante:

LeaE08
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Oh ok thank you :) she's my second child but first to breastfeed. I really appreciate it :)

Quoting gdiamante:

Health food store, online.

For tomorrow... 1 - 1.,25 ounces per hour. Even if you start the MMP2 TODAY I wouldn't expect much increase in putput in time for that.  Supplements won't do a thing if she's not at the breast more.So step one is to make sure she nurses first every time.S ounds to me as though she hasn't been nursing enough and that's why you're seeing a decrease. Solids are supposed to follow nursing all through year one. 

Let the caregivers push solids tonmorrow. You give little to none yourself.

Quoting LeaE08:

Quoting gdiamante:

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this
What Gina said! ^^^
She's not nursing enough. Solids should only be given immediately after nursing until at least her birthday. If she won't nurse, she doesn't get the solids. This is to ensure that she gets the necessary nutrition. The foods don't give much nutrition because her body still can't properly digest and absorb them. That's why solids are just for fun and practice before a year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:54 PM
How long will you be gone for the wedding? As Gina said, you only need 1-1.25 ounces per hour between feedings. Pump as much as you can today and leave what you can get until then.
The goal should be to nurse right before you leave, leave 2-3 ounce bottles to be given every 2-3 hours, then nurse as soon as you get back. If you don't get quite enough for that, do what Gina said and leave solids to be given to tide her over a bit after the bottles. After tomorrow, start only giving solids after nursing and your supply should be better. Keep an eye on the diapers. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LeaE08
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Thank you, I appreciate it :) her diapers are the same. My mother in law wants her to stay the night but I refuse until she is weaned. We'll be gone 4 hours tops. I don't think we'll even be gone that long. It's just in the next town.

Quoting aehanrahan:

How long will you be gone for the wedding? As Gina said, you only need 1-1.25 ounces per hour between feedings. Pump as much as you can today and leave what you can get until then.

The goal should be to nurse right before you leave, leave 2-3 ounce bottles to be given every 2-3 hours, then nurse as soon as you get back. If you don't get quite enough for that, do what Gina said and leave solids to be given to tide her over a bit after the bottles. After tomorrow, start only giving solids after nursing and your supply should be better. Keep an eye on the diapers. :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN