Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

its starting to get easier :)

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:13 PM
  • 10 Replies

so i decided to soley breastfeed my daughter and i was real irritated in a way and starting to think about formula feeding..she never seemed full so i wasnt getting any breaks in latching..but now my milk finally came in and im making enough to feed and pump once a day (for storage) i went from only getting almost a oz out to getting a little over 3 oz out in a day..still getting use to the constant latching and not being able to pass her to dh during feedings but i got to say i've become a lot better at muti-tasking lol

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadybugTash
by New Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Congrats.  Sometimes frustrations can make breastfreeding seem like more trouble than it's worth, but when things finally start working out it feels great.  You will be so happy in the coming years knowing you did not give up and your daughter got the best nutrition possible. 

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Way to go! It gets even easier later on. Right now, you're in the constant growth spurt mode. It won't last forever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gumeshoe
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:11 PM

And when you multitask and the spagetti falls on teh babies head they won't fuss. Just wipe it off and go on. :)

yo.momma.
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:17 PM

omg thats so funny...i was just eating leftover spagetti and meatballs last night while feeding her..nothing spilled on her though lol

Quoting gumeshoe:

And when you multitask and the spagetti falls on teh babies head they won't fuss. Just wipe it off and go on. :)

gumeshoe
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:23 PM

I did that like a week or two ago. No complaints. Nursing is great. And hubby didn't see it happen. Even better.

Quoting yo.momma.:

omg thats so funny...i was just eating leftover spagetti and meatballs last night while feeding her..nothing spilled on her though lol

Quoting gumeshoe:

catholicmamamia
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:59 PM

That's great! 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

oliver92
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:01 AM

awesome, good for you and keep it up!!! I ebf and pumped the whole time too to build supply in freezer.

yo.momma.
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:43 AM

i plan to stop when teeth start coming depending on how it feels..im terrified of the thought of her chomping on me with teeth being that she's a biter with just her gums lol

Quoting oliver92:

awesome, good for you and keep it up!!! I ebf and pumped the whole time too to build supply in freezer.

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Yep, i second that, they grow so fast in tge.beginning!

Quoting aehanrahan:

Way to go! It gets even easier later on. Right now, you're in the constant growth spurt mode. It won't last forever.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Babies can't bite you while actively nursing. When and if they do bite, its because they are exploring their new teeth and it can be stopped simply by teaching nursing manners.

Glad to hear its getting easier :-)

Quoting yo.momma.:i plan to stop when teeth start coming depending on how it feels..im terrified of the thought of her chomping on me with teeth being that she's a biter with just her gums lolQuoting oliver92:awesome, good for you and keep it up!!! I ebf and pumped the whole time too to build supply in freezer.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)