Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

how much can you pump?

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:45 AM
  • 60 Replies

so my first day pumping i was only able to get a little over a oz out..second time i got about 3 oz out today i did it and had to stop at 5 oz.. 

at this rate my freezer supply should build up in no time

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ptitchou
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:48 AM
I don't pump unless I'm super engorged, then I pump two oz. I have six oz frozen and a daughter who won't drink from a bottle.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:01 AM

With OAL and oversupply it's no problem to pump--I just don't like to pump for the freezer because I have high lipase.  Even though DS will drink it, I prefer it to be "fresh" for him...

Erica_Smerica
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:10 AM

.5 ounces. 

golther
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:12 AM
When I was pumping for my dd I was getting about 4oz from each side. This was right after she was born though.
outstandingLove
by Cheri on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:17 AM
My morning pump is between 4-6oz from one side. I pretty much never pump from both sides. The rest of the day i average about 2-3 oz from one side. But i don't pump that often because my nursling refuses the bottle. I was pumping for my cousin but i'm not sure she still needs me too.
Zazayam
by Nicki on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:34 AM

If I really really really push myself I can get maybe an ounce. I just quit trying lol, I can't stand pumping :(

shortyali
by Alicia on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:18 AM
I can get between 3-5ozs total per pumping. I only pump for 8 minutes tho, if I pumped until I was done spraying I'm sure it would be more. I'm away from DS2 for maybe 8 hours a day and he only takes 3ozs that whole time so the rest gets frozen and donated. I have already donated just over 300 ozs and have close to another 100 ready to go and I only started pumping the week before I went back to work (1/14/13 was my first day back), DS2 is now 18 weeks old.
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:04 AM
I can pump anywhere between an ounce to six ounces. It depends on when I pump and how much the little one has been nursing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:12 AM
Dd is 2, so I have no need or desire to pump lol. When she was a baby, the few time with my crappy pump, I usually got no more than an ounce. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NHGal
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:16 AM
I average about 4 ounces per pumping session an I usually pump 4 times
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)