Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

im nervous

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:44 AM
  • 17 Replies
the only other places I nursed Autumn at were doctors office, in car in parking lot, my moms, doctors and my bfs house. Well, my bf tells me if I want to bring the kids to the mall today. They have a big indoor house and play structures. I never nursed in public before. I still cant do it without both hands.n (unsnappimg bra, snapping it back up). He said we could go to the park or stay home if I feel uncomfortable. Yes im uncomfortable but I dont want to be left behind whenever we go out. Any suggestions? I have a Moby Wrap but im not sure if I can breastfeed in it without anyone seeing. Its hard being discreet when you are big breasted.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MalakbelLacuna
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this
just do it
thats the only way you will start to feel more comfortable!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:00 AM
^ What she said!

Everyone had their first time. :)
littlemonaghan
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:03 AM
I agree with above.

I got my first time out of the way good and early. 5 days old in the middle of the mall.

I knew if I didn't bite the bullet sooner rather than later I'd get too nervous about it
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:05 AM
i use my ergo and my cover because there was a big gap from the hood on the side.
pinkfairy0206
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:12 AM
My oldest daughters name is autumn:) she's 10 now..anyway,I hear ya my husband had a thing with me nursing in public. He had a weird thought that men I guess would b trying to see? I don't know. But I just did it! I always covered myself up with a blanket:) all 4 kiddies
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:15 AM
2 moms liked this
Im just gonna go and do it ladies. Im nervous but heck, cant be cooped up in house forever.nplus Autumn needs to see outside world lol.
Analugojana
by Christine on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:32 AM

The two shirts method? Plus use the Moby as a cover-unwrap Autumn a bit and cover the still exposed areas.

I NIP in the hospital, in a waiting room (DDwas 4 mo). I was so stressed out that I didn't even quite realized what I was doing. No cover, no two shirts, I just pulled up my top and latched her on. Nobody gave me any look.

shortyali
by Alicia on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:37 AM
I'm bigger chested also and I just use the 2 shirt method and in the beginning when I'm getting the hang of it I do use a blanket to get latched. The only way to get confident in nip is to nip.
Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:16 AM
This the only way to get confident bout doubt it is to just do it. When I first started NIP I used a cover. Then I got more comfortable and we just place a burp cloth over any boob that would show. Then I mastered the two shirt method.

If you figure out how to nurse in the moby let me know. I've only tried once and ended up having to take it off and start over when we were done

Quoting shortyali:

I'm bigger chested also and I just use the 2 shirt method and in the beginning when I'm getting the hang of it I do use a blanket to get latched. The only way to get confident in nip is to nip.

Momsthename0609
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:21 AM
I am big breasted as well, I just use the two shirt method. I do have a receiving blanket near by though because I have an overactive let down so sometimes he pops off because it is too much for him to handle.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)