Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diaper rash **NEW UPDATE 4/10** GRAPHIC PICS ADDED PAGE 5-6

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:47 PM
  • 84 Replies
My lil guy will be a year on saturday (13th). He's currently teething and fighting an ear infection. He's on anti biotics and here lately he's had terrible diarreah and his butt is sooooo RAW :( I've tried breast milk, I've tried butt paste, I've tried desitine. Nothing is working. He screams when a diaper wipe touches him let alone my finger with butt paste!! :( I'm talking tears of pain his. I just wanna cry with him :(
What can I do ? It's sooo bad!!!!
*side note*
He's been pooping about 3-4 times a DAY the past 3 days. And it's usually like a wet fart sort of poop. And he cries sometimes when he poops. I know it hurts. And I feel so helpless. Tonight I gave him Motrin to help him sleep.

Update : well it looks like a yeast infection. When I changed him this afternoon and it was worse and bumpy white :( he screamed bloody murder. So I have anti fungal cream I'm using and I'm gonna get some yogurt later. Adam went to work and stole the car so maybe when he gets off ill have him pick something up.

*UPDATE 2*
I'm adding some pics either page 5 or 6 I'm not sure where they will end up. These are graphic!! Pictures of his sac and butt. Not the greatest but it give you a general idea of what's goin on. Between the lighting and him squirming I could t get a good angle.

**UPDATE 4/10**
First I want to thank all of you ladies for the support I've had this weekend with the rash and everything :) secondly I wanted to say I took Ian this morning for this "second opinion" appointment on his ears and about the diaper rash :) turns out his rash was a reaction to his anti biotic!!!! Go figure :/ but his ears are currently cleared up and so has his bottom !! Yes it's still a lol red (in the crease of his legs) but the blisters are gone! Thank the heavens!!! He's less grumpy and things are retuning to normal :) as for the ears we got a referrel to an ENT they call this week to schedule the actual appointment. This makes me so nervous :/ so more dr appointments yay:/ not.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IansMommy2012
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:48 PM
I apologize for the bad grammar. I'm on my phone and the damn thing is running EXTREMELY SLOW. And my auto correct keeps screwing up :/ sorry!!!
GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Could it be a yeast infection? If this is the case, your normal rash ointment won't work.  You'll need something OTC for athlete's foot / fungus.  What does the rash look like?  Raised bumps?

GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:51 PM

You might want to look into "ear oil" from your local health food store.  My Chiro just told me about it yesterday.  Its a combo of olive oil, garlic and other natural things that works great, he said.  Put it in the ear at night...

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:21 AM
Agreed. DS had recurring ear infections from 4-9 months and went through several rounds of antibiotics, didn't help. I just used warmed sweet oil, essentially: olive oil, after remembering my parents always used that when we had earaches as children. Finally his infection cleared in 2-3 days and he hasn't had one since! :-) Never heard of "ear oil," but Im assuming since sweet oil works so well, that is probably just as good or better. :-) Also agree that it could be a yeast infection, esp. since he is on antibiotics and they are known to cause yeast infections. DS also had those while being treated for ear infections with antibiotics, lotrimin cleared his infections right up within days!!!

Quoting GoodyBrook:

You might want to look into "ear oil" from your local health food store.  My Chiro just told me about it yesterday.  Its a combo of olive oil, garlic and other natural things that works great, he said.  Put it in the ear at night...

japanmommy
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:33 AM
Getting over an ear infection with dd and she also had diarrhea with antibiotics. What worked for me was witch hazel. In the bath and wet a cloth with it and dabbing her bum.

Maybe try some cloth wipes with just water or some wipes without a ton if chemicals - might hurt raw bottoms. I had to get these bamboo disposable wipes, but it made changes easier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
worship
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:35 AM
Try corn starch , actual cornstarch like from the kitchen
audmom1218
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:25 AM
If its yeast this will make it worse (lesson learned, my gram tried it on dd, you're basically feeding the yeast. ). I second athletes foot cream also instead of wipes try a cup of warm water and a wash cloth. Let the water drop down instead of wiping. And lots if diaper free time. Hugs mama!

Quoting worship:

Try corn starch , actual cornstarch like from the kitchen

willsmoms
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:36 AM
Have you started giving him anything new? Sounds like my son when he gets dairy which he is allergic to.
mattiehatter
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:42 AM
What are you using ass a wipe? A lot of from the shelf baby wipes have alcohol in them which burns their little bottom. A cloth wash cloth (fleece or something else softer) and a solution of water and something I can't remember off the top of my would feel better. Check with your doc to see if it's a yeast infection. Maybe coconut oil for the rash if it's not yeast. I hope he feels better soon!
eagerforbaby
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:21 AM
I agree it's probably yeast especially since he is on anti biotics. Aubrey gets yeast diaper rash often. I use monistat or the dr can call out nystatin ointment. If its yeast there will probably be little white bumps.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)