Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

5 Hour Energy

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:08 PM
  • 16 Replies

I'm taking some tough classes in the fall and will be at school from 8am-6pm. I go to school right now 8am-4pm and once I get to my last class I'm so exhausted it's hard to focus. I was thinking about drinking some 5 hour energy next semester to see if it'll help me. Is that okay to drink while nursing?

by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mylovey
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Hmmm, I am not sure. I drink coffee when I need energy..... sometimes even a shot of espresso helps.

Mommy to little Miss. Saylor, and little Mr. Finley. 

Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Ya know I was wondering the same thing! My DH takes those. He said they are mostly B vitimans.... But I would like to hear from the experts!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BoxxyBabee
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:18 PM

I forgot to mention I drink 1-3 cups of coffee on school days. It's usually 1.5 cups.

Quoting mylovey:

Hmmm, I am not sure. I drink coffee when I need energy..... sometimes even a shot of espresso helps.

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 8, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Idk, it says not to on the label in big bold print, but then again lots of things that are generally safe in breastfeeding say the same thing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Analugojana
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I would not. It is not medically necessary andthey do gave quite a bit of caffeine plus taurine and other stimulants. They are not really good for yourself. When you add a tiny baby into this...probably not a great idea. Try healthier ways to boost your stamina. Why don't you take B vitamins without all the additional crap in energy drinks?

Quoting BoxxyBabee:

I'm taking some tough classes in the fall and will be at school from 8am-6pm. I go to school right now 8am-4pm and once I get to my last class I'm so exhausted it's hard to focus. I was thinking about drinking some 5 hour energy next semester to see if it'll help me. Is that okay to drink while nursing?

--
'I made an agreement of peaceful coexistence with time; neither it pursues me, nor I run from it; one day we will find each other.' (Mario Lago)
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:46 PM
This!
Energy drinks are BAD for anyone!

Quoting Analugojana:

I would not. It is not medically necessary andthey do gave quite a bit of caffeine plus taurine and other stimulants. They are not really good for yourself. When you add a tiny baby into this...probably not a great idea. Try healthier ways to boost your stamina. Why don't you take B vitamins without all the additional crap in energy drinks?

Quoting BoxxyBabee:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamer12812
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:49 PM

you like coffee? that works good for me

BoxxyBabee
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:49 PM
JTE11
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:58 PM

I don't trust those drinks, they put lots of caffeine and other things to wake you up and I really don't think a baby needs any of that. I don't even think they're good for adults.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:16 AM
It isn't the caffeine that's bad. It is everything else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN