Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

doctor gave me formula

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 5:51 PM
  • 120 Replies
1 mom liked this

First off, went to wic. Autumn was weighed on scale that you move the weights around and balance it out. Clothes on, 9 lbs 6 oz. Doctors office, weighed on digital scale, no clothes 8 lbs 12 oz. Doctor said she's underweight but but shes on the chart and gave me bag of formula in hazardous bag...why would I give my child something to eat thats in a hazardous bag. She didnt clip it. She gave me referralto ENT. She said lip tie needs clipped and posterior tongue tie not that bad...on prescription for ent it says: short frenulum (lower), tight upper lip frenulum. She also said autumn needs to be on multivitamin. Script says poly sol?? Ugh..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Apr. 8, 2013 at 5:55 PM
2 moms liked this
Just toss it. And she does not need poly vi Sol. If anything she would only need vitamin d but the enfamil brand is not the best option and may not be needed with spring beginning.
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Apr. 8, 2013 at 5:59 PM
2 moms liked this
I went to gas station and tossed it in dumpster.she gave me Similac

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Just toss it. And she does not need poly vi Sol. If anything she would only need vitamin d but the enfamil brand is not the best option and may not be needed with spring beginning.

MamaDee83
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:00 PM

NO POLYVISOL!!! That shit is NASTY and both my kids spit up like the dickens with it! I never gave it to either of my kids after that little disaster and they have never had any sort of vitamin deficiency. They were also breastfed and given fresh foods that I was fortunate enough to be able to make at home, so that may have been part of it. I would definitely stay aay from that damn Poly vi sol crap, though!!! And, obviously, the formula.

fortressmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:02 PM

The tongue tie should still be clipped. I would ask the ent to do it with the lip ties.

A.J.s_mommy
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:02 PM
I'm sure its in a biohazard bag because they didn't have other bags...anyway...just toss it.
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this
No polyvisol!! You don't need the formula either. I do find it humorous that your goody bag is a biohazard bag.
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this
And scratch this doctor off the list and move on to the next one.
kitty8199
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:05 PM
My pedi actually discourages multi vitamins for anyone. He explained how they're actually bad for you but i forgot
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:07 PM
I think she was referring to the polyvisol being made by enfamil. Enfamil wants your money so bad that if you won't buy their formula they'll try to convince the doctors that breastfeeding moms need to buy their vitamins.

Quoting mama-smurf:I went to gas station and tossed it in dumpster.she gave me Similac

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

SWasson
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:08 PM

The hazard bag is just a fresh bag with "biohazard" written on it. What's the problem?  If your kid is underweight...sheesh.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)