Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

So he lost a pound...

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:10 PM
  • 5 Replies
He's 19 months and extremely active. He grew in height. He nurses 12 times or more in a day and his doctor wants me to give him whole milk because it's "the best way to get vitamin D." He does eat just not a ton, he takes a few bites at every meal then nurses. Should I really worry about a 1 pound loss in 7 months? Am I doing anything wrong?

Birth weight 8lbs 12oz 21.5in (c-section)
Lowest weight 8lbs 21.5in
12 months 24lbs 15oz 30.75in
19 months 23lbs 15oz 33.5in
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:17 PM
I personally would not unless there are other signs of him not doing well. But the BEST way to get vit D is to get out in the sun. I would not care for it if my sons pedi told me that. :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
smorgan865
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Best way to get vitamin D is actually from beautiful sunshine! But vitamin D isn't going to help with weight gain. Actually Vitamin D deficiencies have been attributed to weight gain.
BlessedMammaof2
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:36 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. Though I did when my son lost just over a pound between his 9 month and 1 year check ups. His Dr said so long as he continued to gain it wasn't too concerning. He'd become a lot more active in that time frame and had also been ill recently. I wasn't concerned enough to stop BF or supplement. He didn't get real interested in food until he was about 15-16 months old. He's 2 y/o now an weighs 27.5 lbs. He was 20 lbs 4 oz at 6 months 24 lbs and something ounces at 9 months and down to 23 lbs and something ounces at a year. He eats very well and is still BF but his weight gain has just slowed way down but he's grown a lot in height.
Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:57 PM
He I just probably more active.

My non breastfed 15 month old lost a pound from 12months to 15 months and he EATS sometimes he eats more than me!
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:18 PM
No, my DS also lost a pound since his 1 year check and he's also 19 months and nurses almost every 2 hours.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN