Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

jw does anyone still nurse wen dad gets visitation ??

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:45 PM
  • 2 Replies
how do u do it keep up ur supply ,then after a yr when tey ave to stay the weekend i feel like theres no way any moms out therestill nurse??
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:45 PM
My son was 3 when I left his dad. He started out going to his dad's Tuesdays, Thursdays, and every other weekend (his brother goes every other week). We did that for 8 months, then he switched to the same schedule as his brother. He continued nursing the whole time. I was past engorgement and supply issues by then and just nursed when he was here. He's now 5 and nurses maybe 1-3 times a week on his weeks with me.
If your baby is under a year, you need to pump every 2-3 hours while you're separated. After a year, I suggest pumping and/or hand expressing for comfort as needed. By that time, supply adjusts more easily to the baby's demands and isn't as fragile as before.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:47 PM

I have no personal experience. I have a friend who was never actually with the father of her baby, but when he did get visitation when the baby was less than a year old, it was either at her house (when he was a tiny baby) or for no more than 3 or 4 hours at a time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)