Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Fidgeting during nursing help (nursing pic)

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:09 AM
  • 27 Replies

Mobile Photo

Ugh almost every time my 13 month old nurses he HAS to play with the other nipple. It was adorable at first but now its annoying. I have a few nursing necklaces I do wear sometimes and those do help.

Any tips on getting him to stop? I've tried giving him a toy but he just hits me with it instead of playing with it lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsix
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I have six and hey all did this at some point.  think they just want to make sure the other one is still there...lol!  and yes,it is annoying after a bit.

jesuschild06
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:14 AM
be consistant with removing his hand and saying no. I myself would also try giving a 2 or 3 finger "slap" on the hand if after a couple days of being extremely consistant doesnt work. (and consistant meaning everytime his hand touches it remove it immediately. No matter what else you are doing.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shortyali
by Alicia on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:50 AM
Nursing manors. End the nursing session and tell him no. Set him down and walk away. Give it 5 minutes and nurse again. Keep doing this and he will stop.
kelmia2
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:29 AM

that would be really annoying, I hope mine doesn't start doing that!!!!

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:24 AM
My second did that. I swear its worse than biting. Like you at first I thought it was cute and let him do it because it was like a security blanket to him. And very quickly it turned into an in breakable habit. I spent a year nursing with my hand cupping the off duty breast. When my other kids tried that I stopped it immediately; my third was then happy poking her finger in my belly button. But nothing is worse than the nipple twiddling.
rHOPEb
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:46 AM
Mine likes to pinch or squeeze the one he is nursing on. I just remove his hand and say no. He also likes soft things and has a mini blanket he rubs on his face. So....that works about half the time. The other half I try to endure......
Sama2Mamma
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:01 AM
...thanks for the advice lol

Jk

Yes I hope yours doesn't

Quoting kelmia2:

that would be really annoying, I hope mine doesn't start doing that!!!!

nickischettino
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:08 AM

I was wondering this too, my 15 month does it all the time.  

shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:11 AM
I hate that. I pull her hand away and tell her no.
Nolanzo
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:02 AM
No, no, and more no. Nursing is painful for me under the best of circumstances, so twiddling, playing with, groping at, or whatever else they're trying to do with it is simply out of the question.

Not something I could, or would, tolerate whatsoever. Nursing manners.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)