Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:13 PM
  • 6 Replies
I am only 5 weeks. I have two other children which I bf. one 6weeks and other 6months. Horrible lactation consultants here. Is there anything I can do now to prep? I've been reading and buying nursing tops here and there. Last child was 5 years ago.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
gdiamante
by Gina on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Feed your head. Hie the to a bookstore for some good reads. "So That's What They're For" and 
The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" are two.

Read this site.

Get to know kellymom.com.

Arm yourself with knowledge; it's the only thing that can be done till baby arrives.

babycarney08
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Thank you! :) I will head to book store Tomm. I do have a few bf books but not those. :)

Quoting gdiamante:

Feed your head. Hie the to a bookstore for some good reads. "So That's What They're For" and 
The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" are two.

Read this site.

Get to know kellymom.com.

Arm yourself with knowledge; it's the only thing that can be done till baby arrives.

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:26 PM

This is just somthing that I did that I think made a big difference. I didn't have any visitors at the hospital besides my hubby. I stayed in bed for the whole stay topless with baby on my chest doing skin to skin. I didn't let my baby out of my sight for even a second (I don't trust those nurses in the nursery). It was exhausting but like I said I don't trust those nurses. lol. For now you can also try to find a La Leeche League in your area to take some classes. Good luck momma :)

babycarney08
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:30 PM
I think everyone has seen me bf. lol. I don't mind. If they do then they don't come over or look lol. That's how I see it. I did a lot of skin to skin. I just bought a sling also. I don't trust the nurses either. My two other children slept in room with me. I will look into le leeche league. I'm in pa. I hope they have classes here. :). Thank you moma! I shooting for at the least a year of bf this time! Fx!

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

This is just somthing that I did that I think made a big difference. I didn't have any visitors at the hospital besides my hubby. I stayed in bed for the whole stay topless with baby on my chest doing skin to skin. I didn't let my baby out of my sight for even a second (I don't trust those nurses in the nursery). It was exhausting but like I said I don't trust those nurses. lol. For now you can also try to find a La Leeche League in your area to take some classes. Good luck momma :)

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Quoting babycarney08:

I think everyone has seen me bf. lol. I don't mind. If they do then they don't come over or look lol. That's how I see it. I did a lot of skin to skin. I just bought a sling also. I don't trust the nurses either. My two other children slept in room with me. I will look into le leeche league. I'm in pa. I hope they have classes here. :). Thank you moma! I shooting for at the least a year of bf this time! Fx!

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

I guess the reason why I didn't have visitors is because this is my first baby & I was shy about it all. Now 7 months in I don't care who sees my boobs anymore. lol. It def helped to have my baby room in with me because I was so paranoid about the nurses sneeking her formula. That has happened to a few friends of mine & it screwed everything up.

CafeMom Tickers
babycarney08
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Yea I deff believe that nurses would do that. All my friends formula feed. None ever tried it. Ridiculous I think. But hey ya can lead a horse to water but can't make them drink. Yea I was a lil shy with my first but with my second if bfed everywhere lol.

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

Quoting babycarney08:

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

I guess the reason why I didn't have visitors is because this is my first baby & I was shy about it all. Now 7 months in I don't care who sees my boobs anymore. lol. It def helped to have my baby room in with me because I was so paranoid about the nurses sneeking her formula. That has happened to a few friends of mine & it screwed everything up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)