Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Holy diapers batman!!!

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:57 PM
  • 15 Replies
2 moms liked this
In 13 hours Eli has had 12 diapers and 2 of them were poop so 14. Sure miss pediatrician, I don't make enough milk! Lol. He is having a growth spurt so hopefully at the next weigh in she will stop pestering me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:13 AM
What is his weight history? I'll bet that pediatrician has a really whack idea of what the gain should be, especially for the EBF baby.
xredstarsx
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Oh he has definitely had gaining issues. He has started gaining 4-6 oz a weeks since I cut dairy though. She just wants him to gain a pound a week so he catches up. I am no longer worried unless something changes.

Quoting MusherMaggie:

What is his weight history? I'll bet that pediatrician has a really whack idea of what the gain should be, especially for the EBF baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:09 AM
1 mom liked this
A pound a week?!? That's insanity!!!

Glad he's doing better. :-)

Quoting xredstarsx:

Oh he has definitely had gaining issues. He has started gaining 4-6 oz a weeks since I cut dairy though. She just wants him to gain a pound a week so he catches up. I am no longer worried unless something changes.

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:18 AM
2 moms liked this
Trying to make a baby gain a pound a week unnaturally will lead to overfeeding and possibly obesity.
That doctor is CRAZY!!!
Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

A pound a week?!? That's insanity!!!

Glad he's doing better. :-)

Quoting xredstarsx:

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eykelley
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:22 AM
My dd was 5#4oz at her smallest. She is 7m now & 12#4oz. Shes in the 2.3% lol. But, a pound a month. Lol

Dont let ur pedi harass u. :)
xredstarsx
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:23 AM
She more than doubled so seems good to me but what do I know? My son weighed exactly double your dd's lowest when he was born. So big chunk turned into string bean.

Quoting eykelley:

My dd was 5#4oz at her smallest. She is 7m now & 12#4oz. Shes in the 2.3% lol. But, a pound a month. Lol

Dont let ur pedi harass u. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:34 AM
A pound a week on a baby would cause stretch marks and stomach pains. At least that's what the nurse hotline told me when I mentioned something similar to that when my old ped said my daughter had gaining issues. She's now a 35lb 3 yr old and still underweight according to the chart he wrote out for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:35 AM
2 moms liked this
it sounds like you seriously need a new pedi. I don't understand when they say they need to "catch up" and gain a lot in a short time. I feel like the ultimate goal should be get them to gain steadily again.
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:37 AM
Seriously?? Then I guess my 50 lb. 7.5 year old is emaciated?

Quoting polkaspots:

A pound a week on a baby would cause stretch marks and stomach pains. At least that's what the nurse hotline told me when I mentioned something similar to that when my old ped said my daughter had gaining issues. She's now a 35lb 3 yr old and still underweight according to the chart he wrote out for me.

gumeshoe
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Hehe my oldest at 7.5 was 48 lbs. and wore a size 5 shorts, right before baby in October. Since then he has magically gained and gone to size 8 pants and 56 lbs, I had to buy and rebuy clothing after the new baby.

She can tell that ped sometimes babies have their own time to "catch up".

They look starved don't they! :)

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Seriously?? Then I guess my 50 lb. 7.5 year old is emaciated?

Quoting polkaspots:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)