Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What the F* is going on!?!

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:47 AM
  • 12 Replies

My ds is 9 months old and is refusing to go to sleep until like 11:30ish at night then wakes up at like 2 and stays awake until 4-5 and will not nurse!! He will nurse during the day and nurse to nap but come night time he just cries. It seems like he is avoiding nursing so he wont go to sleep. I want him to go to sleep at a reasonable hour, like 8 or 9 and i just want to know why he is doing this? Thank you guys, you are wonderful!!

by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ptitchou
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:59 AM
Sleep regression, maybe?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TRS4
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:19 AM

check out "happiest  baby on the block"  nursing may not be problem 

polkaspots
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:24 AM
Try cutting back on the naps. You'll have a cranky baby for a few hours and the first few days will be the hardest, but that's worked for me with both kids so far. I started waking him up after he'd gotten about an hour in the morning, and then I think it was a half hour in the afternoon at nine months. He's older now, so he just gets the morning nap. You'll figure out the best times for naps within a few days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:40 AM
My son started doing this at seven months. We cut out a nap and shortened another. We also started a religious nighttime routine. Before we only bathed him every other night so we started bathing him every night just so his routine would be consistent.
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Also treat him for teething and see if he'll calm down.
moroccanmommy
by Robin on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Teeth mommy. Nursing helps with pain
kss12
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:51 AM
My son did a similar thing at this age. He did this at each milestone as well. 9-11 months was the hardest, it was like that for 3 months! If he's not crawling yet maybe he's about to reach that milestone? Or pulling up? He would stay up until about 10 and sleep until 2 then was up for a good hour. I just laid in the bed, put on a show he loved and had my boobs out until he wanted to latch and fall asleep. It's not the best thing to do but you get sleep and he gets to stay up! Good luck! It won't last for long)
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Elizabeth on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:29 AM
The inevitable and dreaded 9 month sh*t show! Haha... seriously though, 8-10 months there is a huge growth spurt and sleep regression. Separation anxiety is at its highest. Teething and new found mobility also play a factor. My dd went through it ALL the day she turned 9 months, and she also went from 2 naps a day down to one. It took a good 3 weeks before things were semi-normal again. I honestly didn't think we were going to survive it, but it passed, just like allllll the other phases!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
turttlemom
by Nayelli on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:41 AM
DS is 8.5 mo, he is acting so weird!!!! Just started pulling our his "classmates" hair at daycare, separation anxiety, he is not nursing as he used to at nights but still waking up. He is refusing solids and puking when insist at daycare, I led him alone but they don't. But my concern is that he is not nursing as he should, probably getting at least 5 diapers in 24hr when he used to soak some and had up to 8-10 dips a day.
Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

The inevitable and dreaded 9 month sh*t show! Haha... seriously though, 8-10 months there is a huge growth spurt and sleep regression. Separation anxiety is at its highest. Teething and new found mobility also play a factor. My dd went through it ALL the day she turned 9 months, and she also went from 2 naps a day down to one. It took a good 3 weeks before things were semi-normal again. I honestly didn't think we were going to survive it, but it passed, just like allllll the other phases!

Baby_Avas_Momma
by Elizabeth on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this
5 diapers is well within normal and healthy for his age. Just make sure he doesn't get any solids before he's had a full nursing (or bottle if at daycare). If he's eating baby food purees, try giving him real food instead and let him feed himself. :)

Quoting turttlemom:

DS is 8.5 mo, he is acting so weird!!!!
Just started pulling our his "classmates" hair at daycare, separation anxiety, he is not nursing as he used to at nights but still waking up. He is refusing solids and puking when insist at daycare, I led him alone but they don't. But my concern is that he is not nursing as he should, probably getting at least 5 diapers in 24hr when he used to soak some and had up to 8-10 dips a day.

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)