Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Sad and guilty.

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 1:54 PM
  • 22 Replies
Well I have to stop nursing my 22 month old until the baby gets here I was hoping I could nurse thought the pregnancy but nursing him has been causing contractions and I'm only 34 weeks so baby girl is not ready yet. The dr says I need to quit to keep the baby from coming now which she has now threatened twice been in labor and delivery twice to stop contractions. I feel guilty though because my son so does not want to stop nursing and screams when I say no you can't have any. How do you explain to a 22 month old you can't have it so u can protect your baby sister uggh I feel like s horrible mommy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ptitchou
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Aww...I'm sorry! But you did awesome.

You nursed 16m longer than the average. Big brother is a lucky duck to have such a loving momma.
ssenter
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Thank you I needed to hear that I was trying to go for the self weening but I don't know if he would ever ween he is addicted to momma milk which I think is why it's so hard he crys so hard when I say no uugghh. Hopefully he will loose interest quickly.

Quoting Ptitchou:

Aww...I'm sorry! But you did awesome.

You nursed 16m longer than the average. Big brother is a lucky duck to have such a loving momma.

OBImomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Aww :-( I'm sorry. You made it a long time though!
Could you tell him it's all gone and get him a cup instead? I wouldn't say it's bc of the baby. I'd be to afraid of him not liking the baby bc she took his milk away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Analugojana
by Christine on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:05 PM

It's only a few weeks. Maybe if he's still interested you can tandem nurse once baby arrives. If not, you've done great, nothing to feel guilty about. The sadness I do understand. *hugs*

ssenter
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:10 PM
That's a good idea I've been saying its because it gives momma contraction that are ouiees but all gone might work I will try that. I've been giving him a cup to but he is a very insistent little guy believe me.

Quoting OBImomma:

Aww :-( I'm sorry. You made it a long time though!

Could you tell him it's all gone and get him a cup instead? I wouldn't say it's bc of the baby. I'd be to afraid of him not liking the baby bc she took his milk away.

catholicmamamia
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Quoting Analugojana: It's only a few weeks. Maybe if he's still interested you can tandem nurse once baby arrives. If not, you've done great, nothing to feel guilty about. The sadness I do understand. *hugs*

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Zazayam
by Nicki on Apr. 15, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Well you did great even if you do stop now!

Maybe after the baby comes he can pick it back up? Just tell him your milk had to take a vacation, lol...

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Apr. 15, 2013 at 5:42 PM

My friend managed to talk her toddler into stopping by putting a bandaid over her boobies, and said she was hurt and the Dr. Told her no more milk! Lol, I can't believe he fell for it, but it worked for her. But don't feel like a bad mom, your doing what's right. You will feel much worse if your baby girl comes too soon! 

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Apr. 15, 2013 at 5:53 PM
My dd will be 22 months on Thursday and she is a big time booby baby too. I can understand the screaming to nurse. You did a great job on bf him for such a long time! Maybe when baby comes, he will start back up (if both of you want him to)!
ssenter
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Thank you, I will definetly allow for tandem if he still wants its.

Quoting Analugojana:

It's only a few weeks. Maybe if he's still interested you can tandem nurse once baby arrives. If not, you've done great, nothing to feel guilty about. The sadness I do understand. *hugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)