Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Tired of being asked when I'm going to stop

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:24 PM
  • 32 Replies
Yes, my daughter is almost two and we are still bfing often throughout the day. But I'm so tired of having to give reasons for why I'm not making her stop or why I'm going to continue. I get asked how much longer before I tell her no. That I really should stop. That she's getting too old for it. I'm so tired of it. Why can't they just be happy I'm still going strong? Why can't they just support me? I know they didn't bf, but can't they still cheer me on, rather than question me constantly?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I know what you mean! That was one reason i loved lll meetings!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
oliver92
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this

It may be nice to find a support group you can go to in person, meet people who will offer that support and pat on back that we all need sometimes. It helps to have that connection to other mom's making the same commitment.  My dh's family is completely against bfing and started asking us that every time they saw us or spoke to us on phone anything when he was like 4 months, by a year, they were totally annoying, we just state that we are doing what we feel is best for our son. :) Good Job mama..

JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:32 PM

My son is only 10 months old and I'm already feeling the pressure to wean. >.>

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:24 AM
10 moms liked this

A pat answer for you. "Michael Jordan, Albert Einstein and Jesus Christ were all breastfed till age THREE and beyond. The day you have SIX NBA championship rings, a Nobel Prize and the ability to walk n water, I'll discuss this with you. Till then the subject is CLOSED."

Hell, yeah, it's rude. So are they.

AngryBob
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:04 AM
I wouldn't be discussing my parenting choices with people that think they can make them for me. Simply shut down the conversation. If they persist, end the visit.
littlelambe2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:22 AM
2 moms liked this

I'd be asking them why they enjoy talking about your breasts so much. 

sadeyez11
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:26 AM
Ypu just described my life. My sister even threatdned me with cps. Im in the hospital right now and that same sister said its a good time to stop nursing. I wish they would either support me or let me be. Btw my son is going on 2 also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katelynsmommy30
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:30 AM
I'm still nursing my 2.5 year old son, actually right now too! Just let it go! My hubby was hoping I'd wean him by 2, lol! Not happening! Luckily he truly doesn't care and is more or less wanting that for myself so I get my time back, but honesty I don't care! Nursing has been my comfort! My ds gets hurt, nurse, he's sick, nurse, he's up late, nurse! It's an amazing thing!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:19 AM
You and me both!

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

My son is only 10 months old and I'm already feeling the pressure to wean. >.>

dimpho
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:54 AM
My son is 7Months and i'm going to wean him when he turns 2years old. His Dad asked him when i'd stop recently and i said when is three he just kept quiet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)