Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Last nursing picture (and we're all done)

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:07 AM
  • 40 Replies
8 moms liked this

This was the last nursing picture I took, about 2 weeks before I completely weaned Nathan.  He was down to once or twice a week and nursed for the last time the day after his third birthday.  I know that he would have gone longer but him nursing was exacerbating some pretty bad breast pain and I just couldn't hack it any longer.  We had a good run and I'm so thrilled that we nursed until he turned 3. :)

by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaPrime
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats, mama! He's a handsome little guy! 

OkWolfe
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:12 AM
My son weaned last month at 33 months. They are growing up on us! :( we were both ready. Sometimes he asks but i tell him the milk is gone. Which is almost true. He knows nothing comes out. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
K8wizzo
by Kate on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Good job, Mama!  I was beyond ready to be done, but Nathan will still nuzzle my breasts and ask if boobies still have owies.  It's sweet and makes me feel a little guilty, but then I think, "child, I gave you three years... you'll be just fine" and I give him a big hug and kiss and he runs off to play.

Quoting OkWolfe:

My son weaned last month at 33 months. They are growing up on us! :( we were both ready. Sometimes he asks but i tell him the milk is gone. Which is almost true. He knows nothing comes out. Lol

OkWolfe
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Aw..that's what my son does. After i tell him its gone he says okay then he goes play. It makes me sad sometimes.

Quoting K8wizzo:

Good job, Mama!  I was beyond ready to be done, but Nathan will still nuzzle my breasts and ask if boobies still have owies.  It's sweet and makes me feel a little guilty, but then I think, "child, I gave you three years... you'll be just fine" and I give him a big hug and kiss and he runs off to play.

Quoting OkWolfe:

MaryJarrett
by Mary on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Great job! YOU ROCK!!! 

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow. Congratulations momma. What an accomplishment.

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats mama! That's awesome. :-)
Emeraldmama7
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Awwww! How bittersweet. =)
SAHM927
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Aw congratulations. So great that you have pictures to look back on.

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:58 PM
My dd will be 22 months tomorrow and still bf many times a day. I'm starting work soon, and she will hopefully wean more than what she is now. I'm ready for her to be done. I've passed 2 goals, so I'm done, just waiting for her to be done too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)