Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Just realized my two year old weaned herself...

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:41 AM
  • 24 Replies
3 moms liked this

I asked her today if she still like milkies because she hasnt nursed in awhile and her response was" no cup mommy."  I almost cried becasue our nursing relatonship is over but i am glad that I have been getting more cuddle time since she stopped.

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
villagemamma
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:47 AM

I understand your sadness. Just remember to embrace the next exciting stage and be proud of her for being such a big girl. You are very lucky. For some mothers weaning is an absolute nightmare. Be happy that it was easy :)

katiesing
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Yea i have a 7 month old so for the past few months I have been sidetracking her when she would ask but it hit me today she hasnt asked in two weeks. I am proud of her for being a big girl but feel like i have nothing left from when she was a baby. But that is part of them growing up.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:15 AM
She might show interest again after a while. My son didn't nurse at all for over a month (I think, maybe 2 months) and then went to nursing just before bed at night. I kept offering through it because I wanted to be sure that he was really done. Site enough, he wasn't done and picked it up again. That was a year ago. Now, he nurses 1-3 times a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katiesing
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:33 AM

I have a seven month old son and two year old daughter. I nursed her through my pregnancy and after because she wasnt ready to stop yet. I will say tandem nursing can be tiring at times but it was worth it looking back because they are so close as siblilngs. 

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:37 AM
I think it is awesome that you continued through your pregnancy and beyond! I have heard how hard it can be with nursing aversions due to the pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katiesing
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:45 AM

I got lucky I guess my daughter was eight months old when i found out i was pregnant and my milk never bothered her from the hormones and i also never had a decrease in supply. The only thing that I hated about nursing while pregnant was she would kick my belly or push on it and my nipples got really sensitive. It also was a blessing in disguise because my son wouldnt latch for three days when he was born. I had to syringe feed him. 

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:53 AM
Was she nursing those three days? I'll bet that helped your supply immensely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katiesing
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:58 AM

Yes I had her nurse a lot more than usual because I was worried I wouldnt make enough once he would latch. He ended up having an upper lip tie and couldnt latch right and got mad so he gave up and wouldnt eat.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:35 AM

aww weaning is hard on mom sometimes 

Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry it is hard on you, but I feel this is a beautiful story. It shows that kids do stop when they are ready. I plan on letting my DS self wean and I hope it is that easy!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN