Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

*vent* teeth & BFing

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:40 AM
  • 16 Replies
2 moms liked this
So annoyed with everyone saying "you won't want to nurse when he gets teeth!". Guess what, he got bottom teeth, yes he's bitten me, but guess what? I'm smart enough to teach nursing manners! He's getting top teeth now, so what?! He knows that if he bites he loses his boob, more teeth won't do sh*t! Just b/c they didn't tough it out when their babies got teeth doesn't mean that they have to think I'll do what they did and give up!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:48 AM
I know what you mean. My mom weaned my sister early (she was done weaning entirely by nine months) because she had a few teeth. She also pumped to give bottles whenever she was out, so she had supply issues from missing feedings on a daily basis. My son has had teeth for a while now and he only bites accidentally now. I started out just taking him off and that wasn't enough, so I started putting him in his play pen and ignoring him for one minute. That worked within a few days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:19 AM
My dd has 16 teeth and is still bf at 22 months! Yes, she's bit me, but it didn't last long. I bf my other 2 kids for a year each. With teeth too!
FierceAngeL524
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:31 AM
I feel you! My in laws are so unsupportive of bf and now that baby has two bottom teeth and has bitten me, they keep saying I need to pump instead. My mil insinuates that I dont want to pump because I am too lazy. I told her I have other things to do than listen to my baby cry while I pump milk. Like play with her, or just feed her directly. The two naps she takes isnt going to be spent hooked up to a pump. I figure mil is jealous that she was too stupid to figure out how to make bf work for her. Or she didnt care and bought into all the formula hype back then. She always tries to point out how if I pumped or switched her to formula, then other people could feed her and I could get a break. So give up my 2 breaks by pumping, so other people can "help" me? Whose going to clean and sanitize all those bottles? Cant stand her inverted nipple mentality.
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:46 AM
What do these people think moms did when their babies got teeth before bottles and formula? They taught their babies not to bite!!!
My son is 5 and nurses with a mouth full of teeth. He learned that biting = no nursing long ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah... Take all of your time pumping just so others can feed the baby. Where's the break in that? :-\

Quoting FierceAngeL524:

I feel you! My in laws are so unsupportive of bf and now that baby has two bottom teeth and has bitten me, they keep saying I need to pump instead. My mil insinuates that I dont want to pump because I am too lazy. I told her I have other things to do than listen to my baby cry while I pump milk. Like play with her, or just feed her directly. The two naps she takes isnt going to be spent hooked up to a pump. I figure mil is jealous that she was too stupid to figure out how to make bf work for her. Or she didnt care and bought into all the formula hype back then. She always tries to point out how if I pumped or switched her to formula, then other people could feed her and I could get a break. So give up my 2 breaks by pumping, so other people can "help" me? Whose going to clean and sanitize all those bottles? Cant stand her inverted nipple mentality.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CelestialSong
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I don't get why people say that. They must not know how nursing works and assume the baby chews the milk out? I don't know, lol. My 21 month old has a bunch of teeth and the worst part of it is when she falls asleep and loosens her latch and her top teeth press down a bit.

twogirl91
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Yup! My oldest had 8 teeth when he stopped nursing, never bothered me. My youngest had his 8th tooth popping through and still nursing. :)

turttlemom
by Nayelli on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Your MIL is crazy!!!... lol I you don't need to pump why would you want to. I'm starting to hate my pump (virtual baby how my coworker name it). But I don't have another option, however if baby is with my, I don't one someone else to feed him, I take a break of that I'm doing and feed him. DS hasn't got teeth yet, but he bit me once when he was teething and my nipple hasn't healed yet :( and I haven't quite because of that.
Quoting FierceAngeL524:

Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:38 AM
People assume that I'm going to stop BFing once my LO gets teeth. I just tell them that non BFing babies still get formula with teeth.

Why would I spend 6+ months working hard at BFing just to stop once he gets teeth?!?
Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:38 AM
People assume that I'm going to stop BFing once my LO gets teeth. I just tell them that non BFing babies still get formula with teeth.

Why would I spend 6+ months working hard at BFing just to stop once he gets teeth?!?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN