Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Does anyone else have this problem

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:25 AM
  • 14 Replies
I have a side that doesn't feel right to nurse on. It is hard to explain. It isn't painful, but I get this uncomfortable feeling every time. As soon as he starts nursing, I get these alarms in my brain that something isn't right and I just want to pull my nipple out of his mouth. I have to fight the urge to pull it out the entire time he is nursing. I force myself to nurse from that side anyway even though it is miserable. It just feels "wrong" even though his latch and everything is fine. I don't experience this at all on the other side.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goodmama85
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Bump
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:39 AM
On my right breast yes. It's just more comfortable feeling nursing on the left side for some reason.
TrouserMouse
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:44 AM

It is my right side, too. It isn't even about position or anything. It is almost like I can feel the milk drawing from my breast and it is "rough".  I can't explain it...lol. I probably sound weird.

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

On my right breast yes. It's just more comfortable feeling nursing on the left side for some reason.

Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:21 AM
I don't prefer my right side and neither does my DS.

In the beginning I had a hard time getting him to latch right. And even now I have to do certain positions. I can't ever get him to nurse in that side while I'm laying down or while laying on my side.
Analugojana
by Christine on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Google D-MER.

--
'I made an agreement of peaceful coexistence with time; neither it pursues me, nor I run from it; one day we will find each other.' (Mario Lago)
cemcnair
by Courtney on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Yep! This totally sounds like D-MER.

Quoting Analugojana:

Google D-MER.
TrouserMouse
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Omg, that is it. I have never heard of such a thing.  It is like I can feel the milk coming out and I start getting this uncomfortable sick feeling and I just want it to stop. It is almost overwhelming.  It is so hard to explain the feelings that come along with it though.  

Quoting Analugojana:

Google D-MER.

TrouserMouse
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Okay, the best way I can explain the feelings I am getting is when you witness a horrible accident or something and you get this sick feeling in the pit of your stomach and all these negative emotions fill you up and you just want it to stop.  I get that almost as soon as he starts nursing on that side.  It isn't nausea, but emotion making you feel sick and like something is horribly wrong.

TrouserMouse
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:15 AM

That is the weirdest thing I have ever heard. It sounds crazy even though they are saying it is a physiological response and not a psychiatric response.  It really is an awful feeling.

Quoting cemcnair:

Yep! This totally sounds like D-MER.

Quoting Analugojana:

Google D-MER.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Sounds like you have d-mer on one side, never heard of it only beig one side before

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)