Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Convincing someone to use my milk?

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:27 AM
  • 23 Replies

Mobile Photo

I made a post about a friend of my son's sitter requesting I donate to her 4 month old. I have a pretty significant OS so I am happy to be a long term donor. I packed up about 50 oz and gave it to ds' sitter yesterday. So today I asked her if she gave it to her friend and she said her husband doesn't want to give donor milk to their baby (1st time parents). She said he was going to do some research...I told her that if he wanted to call me, I'd be happy yo talk to him, if that helps. She told me that her friend said we have to convince her hubby to let her accept it bc she really wants baby to get it. I feel like I'm being set up for a job interview or something. lol Is donating usually this hard?

On another note-I also posted about how ds is a big time chunker. The friend asked his sitter if my milk would chunk up her baby too (skinny minnie). I said I didn't think so, I'm pretty sure it's the baby not the milk. But if you look at my milk it looks rather fatty. lmao

Thoughts?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
carranzasfaith
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Not sure, I have a friend that told me yesterday they will be adopting a baby in a few months once its born and they said they would use my milk if I have enough.
mrs.hartman12
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:55 AM

I don't know, but I would be pretty irritated to donate that much and find out its not being used. If you can't convince him, get it back to give to someone who needs it!

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this
yes.... and I would possibly print out the dangers of formula and give it to the sitter so she can relay it to the husband. That's ridiculous. They should have talked about it BEFORE taking the milk.

Quoting mrs.hartman12:

I don't know, but I would be pretty irritated to donate that much and find out its not being used. If you can't convince him, get it back to give to someone who needs it!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Basically mom wants to but dad says no..yeah usually you dont have to deal with this because before donor milk is even looked for both parents agree.

It could make her fatter because some women make extra fatty milk...but how it looks doesnt mean much

anxiousschk
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Why doesn't she try to lactate herself? 

Quoting carranzasfaith:

Not sure, I have a friend that told me yesterday they will be adopting a baby in a few months once its born and they said they would use my milk if I have enough.

Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Depending on the adoption, it might not be a good idea.

I know I got flack on here (general cafe mom not specifically the BFing group) because I didn't BF my adopted DS even when he showed interest. But the adoption was not (and still is not) finalized and the BM could back out at any moment. She is manic depressive and has gone back and forth on her decision. I really wouldn't want to give her a reason to back out. KWIM?

Quoting anxiousschk:

Quoting carranzasfaith:

bebe_ju-rah
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:09 PM
For now the milk is in his sitter's freezer. I plan to get it back if they decide against it. It just sucks bc I want to help and mom wants the help and an ignorant dad isn't accepting. I.don't know how I would be able to convince this guy if his own wife can't. It just shouldn't be so hard to help!

Quoting mrs.hartman12:

bebe_ju-rah
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Oh, OK. I wasn't sure. You can see how yellow it is and my sil used to tell me that hers was like cloudy water and her dd was a skinny Minnie vs mine. I just didn't know :)

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Basically mom wants to but dad says no..yeah usually you dont have to deal with this because before donor milk is even looked for both parents agree.

It could make her fatter because some women make extra fatty milk...but how it looks doesnt mean much

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Tell the sitter to have the mom look up the risks of formula and give that to her husband.

Why is she looking for donor milk? Giving donor milk will be bad for her supply. Has she researched reverse cycling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carranzasfaith
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:58 PM
The bio mom is going to jail, something about welfare. My friends own their own Mexican restaurant so granted she will stay home with the baby for awhile but then she will have a babysitter and I think she believes herself to old to nurse again

Quoting anxiousschk:

Quoting carranzasfaith:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN