Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

spoiled baby??? as people would say

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:40 AM
  • 27 Replies
My 3 month almost 4 month cries majority of the time I put her down.so there are always task delayed because I can not see her cry for so long. Like yesterday I had to keep doing intermission to pick her up but as soon as I lay her down she cried again. Even with the musical toys I had in her bed. People say she is like that because I breastfeed her while other said because I won't let her cry it out. What advice can you give me???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wonderwomanT08
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:43 AM
2 moms liked this
I think not every baby ( person) is not the same. You are her mother. You know what your baby needs. If she needs to be picked up, nursed or whatever she needs it! Go with your gut and don't listen to others.
SalemWitchChild
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:58 AM
3 moms liked this

I think you're tending to your child's needs. 3 month olds are NOT independant. They don't cry for no reason, or even selfish reasons. Just let their comments go in one ear and out the other. Now if your toddler (3-5 yrs) is throwing a major fit when you say no to him/her, then yeah you probably have a spoiled child and you need to say no once in awhile.

MsGrayciesMommy
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:02 AM
1 mom liked this
My dd never really cried much. But what helped me to get household chores done was I'd put music on and set her in her swing wherever I was and do the dishes or fokd the laundry or whatever and sing to her a little and just wiggle a little. Maybe try that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaCeleste0722
by Celeste on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:08 AM
No, she's like that because she's a *baby*. You're responding to her needs, and wanting to be with her mama is a need too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this
You need a baby carrier STAT. It will change your life.

kss12
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this

My ds was the same at that age, and still is at 14 months.. but it has simmered down a bit. I have realized that formula fed babies tend to be able to be slightly more independent. They are more comfortable with playing with their toys by themselves etc. There is NO SUCH THING as a spoiled baby.. especially at that age. Around a year I would explain to ds that I have to fold clothes, clean counter, etc. I keep him entertained with toys or I dance and make him laugh as I am doing those things. He also "helps" me fold clothes (takes them out of the laundry basket and puts them back in) and I say thank you and good job etc. Once I was cleaning the counter top and ds stepped between my begs and the lower cabinets so I picked him up, double a towel up on his butt and made his butt clean the counter top.. he laughed like no tomorrow! Now he still does this! Every time he sees the spray bottle he comes up to me and points to the spray bottle, the towel goes on his butt and we clean!!! At 3 months though, you just have to tend to your baby.. I know it's easier said than done but household chores can wait (I couldn't stand when people said that to me) but it is true. I've come to terms with the fact that my house can not look perfect at all times. She just adores and loves her mama!!! It gets easier too :)

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:23 AM

This isnt caused by BFing, this is caused by havng an attachment to mom and thats a GOOD thing.  SHe is unsure of who and whats he is without you and at her age that is totally normal and a GOOD thing.  Get a ring sling or wrap and wear her it will get better as she gets older and realizes she is a different person from you.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:24 AM

btw my oldest I stopped BFing at 12 weeks and he was like this til atleast 7 months

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:29 AM
my formula fed baby was like that but my breastfed baby will play by himself for an hour1 it's not caused by feeding ,ethod.
CaitsCookies
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this
My oldest (now 23yo) was like that. I was in college at the time, and could put him in his stroller to take naps if I went outside in the sunshine to do my studying. Cleaning house was a bit more challenging. As he got older, I could put his playpen where he could see me washing dishes, etc and he was OK. Now he's a VERY independent and successful young man who has put himself through LPN school, is working and putting himself through RN school, owns rental property, has a nice car, has a great gf, etc. Every time my 20mo gets clingy, I remind myself that taking care of her brother's needs helped him to develop a HUGE amount of self-confidence and self-reliance, so I need to do the same for her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN