Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I hope this is a phase...

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:58 PM
  • 3 Replies
I hope this is a phase! My dd majorly pouts and cries real tears whenever anyone besides my husband or I tries to hold her. She is 16 weeks. She just started doing this and I can't figure out why (unless it's possibly a growth spurt). She had absolutely no problem going to different people just a few weeks ago on Easter! She even did this with my sister and my MIL both of whom she has LOVED being held by previously...I'm a little sad :( I love my baby girl, but I want others to enjoy her too (and mommy and daddy need a break every now and then. Not too worried about that, but eventually a date night would be nice lol). Has anyone else had this happen? It's like a switch was flipped and she doesn't want anyone, but me or daddy :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:12 PM
2 moms liked this
Its a phase and its normal, stranger/seperation anxiety. All mt kids did this, my first even did it at just a few weeks old. Now thet are all fine being left, all have different personalities, but my oldest is super friendly, they all are friendly in their own ways though. I would start by mot forcing them to go to other people, but they can still.interact when they are ready, and u leave room for an adjustmen period. People that try and force their faces in theirs or force holding them.tend to be the people my kuds dont want to be around.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CaitsCookies
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:05 PM
She may be going through a growth spurt, not feeling well, or trying to adjust to other changes in her environment. Any little difference can make them clingy.
LilliansMama27
by Candy on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Thanks ladies :) I'm not going to try to force her. I'll just have to ride this out and hopefully she isn't so clingy in the weeks to come. Not that I don't love her cuddles...I just need some mommy time! Lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN