Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Crazy a** MIL

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:15 PM
  • 56 Replies
1 mom liked this
Thomas is 4 months old and not my first. She asked when he was getting off breast milk. I was like, not as long as I still got it. She then proceeds to tell me he should be starting cereal soon. Um, no. Breast milk til he's ready for solids. Real solids. He got the hiccups and she said we should give him water. Seriously??? 4 months old here guys. I told her he's not even old enough to sit up on his own yet. And then she hit w this........ You ready? Cause I sure as hell wasn't........ She says---
" we'll, my kids were about his age I would just tie something around them to the chair so they wouldn't fall over."
For real? You have got to be kidding me!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TTC2Long
by Gina on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:18 PM
7 moms liked this
Whooaa. Well, I guess you can cross her off the potential babysitter list!
kitty8199
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Wtf. Your poor husband, lol. he was lucky to survive
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
turttlemom
by Nayelli on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:24 PM

She is crazy...sadly most mid age or old women think like this :(  ... no grandma and baby time alone!!

Ginnygurl97
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Seriously!!!!! She's getting her knee replaced so that cuts her out til he's able to eat solids. But I still don't want to let her watch him after she said that. Who knows what else she's got up her sleeve lol

Quoting TTC2Long:

Whooaa. Well, I guess you can cross her off the potential babysitter list!

littlecheifsmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this
My monster in law did this too. Along with feeding mashed taters startiing at 3 weeks old adding butter & milk to make it thin enough for bby to drink. Let's say she isn't allowed near my.kids
Ginnygurl97
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I told him that last night, and he was like 'WTF' she tied us to the damn chair??? He has two brothers and she did it for all 3. Even he was like, Geez, I'm surprised I'm still here! Lol

Quoting kitty8199:

Wtf. Your poor husband, lol. he was lucky to survive

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:31 PM
3 moms liked this
*cough* Mommy Dearest *cough
lol, that's insane!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ginnygurl97
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Nope. Not gonna happen. Even when he is old enough for food and all. What else would she do???

Quoting turttlemom:

She is crazy...sadly most mid age or old women think like this :(  ... no grandma and baby time alone!!

Ginnygurl97
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I actually really like her. We get along great. But she doesn't watch Thomas or my 8 yr old by herself. I'd ban her from my children too if she did that.

Quoting littlecheifsmom:

My monster in law did this too. Along with feeding mashed taters startiing at 3 weeks old adding butter & milk to make it thin enough for bby to drink. Let's say she isn't allowed near my.kids

littlecheifsmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Quoting Ginnygurl97:

I too had a great relationship with her until a yr ago. She didn't want more grandkids so when she came to visit when our second was born, 8 days after having him he's a cardiac bby and I had high np she decided to steal from our home while I took my first born to school and called cps cause I wouldnt leave. My bby with her. After she treaten to kidnap him and give him away.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)