Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

for all the mamas who are anti-cio like myself, i love this!!

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:21 PM
  • 67 Replies
26 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bebe_ju-rah
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Awww! I could never cio. It is just to unnatural...
Mommabearbergh
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't like cry it out I think it's stupid
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I love it too, anti-CIO here. :-)
Whitney15
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:45 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm kind of in the middle about it. But the times that I do it, I say, "If you've got a clean diaper, a full tummy, and had some good one on one time with me".... then you may just need to cry so I can get some things done. I don't really like doing it which is why it isn't an all the time thing, but sometimes I just have to get other stuff done. Majority of the time, I say fine, let's hang out on the couch together lol. 

mamabens
by Miranda on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:16 PM

But see, IMO letting a baby fuss a little while you finish up the is he's or something is not CIO. CIO is  when you value your sleep above meeting babies needs and  leave them to cry themselves to sleep all alone, big big difference!. So sad!

Quoting Whitney15:

I'm kind of in the middle about it. But the times that I do it, I say, "If you've got a clean diaper, a full tummy, and had some good one on one time with me".... then you may just need to cry so I can get some things done. I don't really like doing it which is why it isn't an all the time thing, but sometimes I just have to get other stuff done. Majority of the time, I say fine, let's hang out on the couch together lol. 

BabyFruit Ticker

GE1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Hey we all do it sometimes. Babies cry and that is their way to communicate. We are not necessarily ignoring them which is what CIO is, we are just finishing something quickly so that we can tend to the baby in the next couple of minutes

Quoting mamabens:

But see, IMO letting a baby fuss a little while you finish up the is he's or something is not CIO. CIO is  when you value your sleep above meeting babies needs and  leave them to cry themselves to sleep all alone, big big difference!. So sad!

Quoting Whitney15:

CafeMom Tickers

mommyoflittles
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:06 PM
what is cio?
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:22 PM

CIO = Cry It Out.

comptonkids
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this
ignoring the baby and not tending to his needs, allowing him to scream and cry to the point he passes out and learns he cannot rely on anyone for help

Quoting mommyoflittles:

what is cio?
momalee40
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:36 PM
3 moms liked this
I cant let them just keep crying either. Some people call it spoiling but i have a 19 yr old, 15 yr old and 5 wk old and i will do her just like i did them. They are confident, well adjusted kids who were never overly clingy and always knew mama was there for them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN