Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wanna start breast feeding again

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:59 PM
  • 9 Replies
My daughter is just over 7 weeks. I stopped nursing about 2 1/2 weeks ago cause she would be so gassy and I thought it was my milk. She seemed to be better once I stopped but now is gassy again and I've been using gripe water. I put her on the breast tonight and she latched on and did great. I can still get milk out but no where near as much. How should I go about nursing her gain? I was thinking letting her nurse then giving her a bottle after if need be? She takes 4 oz every 3 hours. I really really REALLY want to nurse her again. Any advice would be great!! TIA!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
bebe_ju-rah
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:01 PM
I would suggest just keep putting her in the breast as soon as she shows hunger cues. I'm no expert though. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Put her to breast every time she wiggles, including at night. You want 6-8 diaper changes in 24 hours. If diaper count seems low toward the end of the day, offer any supplement by syringe, SNS spoon or something other than a bottle if possible. Kellymom.com has an excellent article on getting your baby back to the breast with more details.
sassymonkey013
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Thank you!! I will keep doing that.

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

I would suggest just keep putting her in the breast as soon as she shows hunger cues. I'm no expert though. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sassymonkey013
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Thank you I'm going there now!

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Put her to breast every time she wiggles, including at night. You want 6-8 diaper changes in 24 hours. If diaper count seems low toward the end of the day, offer any supplement by syringe, SNS spoon or something other than a bottle if possible. Kellymom.com has an excellent article on getting your baby back to the breast with more details.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Nurse, nurse, nurse! Try to get her to nurse at least 12 times every 24 hrs. Try to get her to nurse on both breasts at least two times at every feeding. All the info you need here: http://thebreastfeedingmother.blogspot.com/p/how-do-i-relactate.html
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Update?
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:16 PM
This!
Read the link given. It is amazing!

Quoting maggiemom2000:

Nurse, nurse, nurse!

Try to get her to nurse at least 12 times every 24 hrs. Try to get her to nurse on both breasts at least two times at every feeding.

All the info you need here: http://thebreastfeedingmother.blogspot.com/p/how-do-i-relactate.html
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by Courtney on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Yay! Hope it's going well :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sassymonkey013
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this
We're working on it. It's not great but I feel better that she is getting some breast milk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)