Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

for the moms who are pumping...

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:35 PM
  • 9 Replies

I wanted to share what i found. I have a medela pump i will use when baby is born and i have been slowly gathering supplies. I keep hearing differing views of bags for storage so i figured ill just get bottles. But those things are expensive. So i checked out ebay and found a wholeseller. I got medela sealed bottles dirt cheap!

Go on ebay and search seller itsy.baby. I got 8oz and 5oz bottles. Just thought id pass along my find to you ladies :)

BabyFetus Ticker

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:46 PM
3 moms liked this
You'll never need 8 oz bottles...and i prefer bags for faster thawing. But, i always appreciate a good deal. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
norwgnwood
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Targets brand of bags are the best! And ditto to what sewing mama said!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Yep, the 5 oz. will be MORE than plenty for an EBF baby. 

And if you plan on freezing, you *might* want bags for ease of flat storage.  Here's my FAVORITE bag:

http://www.enasco.com/page/Lab_Sampling/wp_product_1/?utm_source=WhirlPak&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=WP_BagSizes032012

AspensMama1537
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:06 AM
I needed the 8oz bottles with my first! Sometimes I would pump more than 5oz a boob. I was really glad to have the bigger bottles. Some mornings they were a must.

We didn't need them for feeding tho.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

You'll never need 8 oz bottles...and i prefer bags for faster thawing. But, i always appreciate a good deal. :)

audmom1218
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:14 AM
Same here! At my peak I pumped 14oz in a sitting. I took the big bottles to work to store my milk/bring it home.

Quoting AspensMama1537:

I needed the 8oz bottles with my first! Sometimes I would pump more than 5oz a boob. I was really glad to have the bigger bottles. Some mornings they were a must.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:02 AM
I forgot some moms can pump ridiculous amounts... I've never even seen that much milk at once! Haha.

Quoting AspensMama1537:

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

SheciaBaby
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:07 AM

i did bags. never bothered me and i was able to pile them in the freezer. also.. i didnt like my medela. i had the swing though.. got milk in the tubing :/

but i did like my lanisoh and my ameda :) good luck !

SadieJames
by Sarah on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm that mom : ) I have 5 oz bottles on my pump and I have to use a measuring cup and empty them halfway though.  I usually get 16 oz per session. In fact I'm pumping right now and 

Thats from halfway through - 11 oz.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

I forgot some moms can pump ridiculous amounts... I've never even seen that much milk at once! Haha.

Quoting AspensMama1537:

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

KMS8907
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Lol. I know when I pumped with dd, I'd get almost 4 Oz from one side using a manual so for me the bigger bottles will be good for combining. I know obviously I won't need the big ones right away but I want to keep bottles around so hubby can have a chance to feed the baby and bond the way I did with my babies. He will work long days so a night time feeding or two from him will be nice. I will just pump when he is doing those so I don't miss a beat.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)