Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

GREAT checkup!

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:38 PM
  • 2 Replies

Scooter had his 9mos checkup yesterday and he's growing too fast!  He's 23lbs and 28in!  :)  He loves his nummies and foods!!!  I had concerns about his sleeping b/c he kept waking every 2-3hrs and I figured by now he should be sleeping 4-6hrs (if not more).  He can go 6hrs or more inb/w feeds during the day if we are busy running errands.  Anyway....so last night he only got up once!  hahahaha!  Hope he continues, if not the pedi gave me some books to check out to improve his sleeping habbits.  

Also....I would like to day time wean after he is a year old.  How do I do that?  Just not offer it?  My daughter was much different.  The pedi said we would assess at his 1yr checkup.  Thanks for any help!

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Zazayam
by Nicki on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats on the great progress!

I have no advice, never made it that far :)

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Actually, sleep habits are not really the pediatrician's choice but yours. I would be inclined to night wean rather than day wean after a year, though I actually did neither. Dr. Jay Gordon has a night weaning method that is very kind. Breastfeeding can really be a good way to fill in the gaps in toddler eating.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN